Room Service Waiter - Wyndham Dubai Marina, UAE
The In Room Dining Waiter/Waitress is responsible for receiving orders, preparing orders and delivering items to guest rooms in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Responsible for doing all preparations before and during the shift, like preparing trolleys/trays and polish cutlery.
- Keeping track of the stock and supplies and communicating where there might be a shortage like linen, glasswork etc.
- Have an extensive knowledge of the menu’s and other F&B outlets.
- Serving in either conference rooms or F&B outlets if required.
- Taking orders from the guests, explaining the menu and advising the guest on their decision making.
- Liaising with management for advice if required.
- Communicating with the kitchen about the orders and being very clear about special wishes of guests.
- Consistently upsell of food and beverages and making guests aware of promotions.
- If necessary preparing orders like drinks and preparing snacks, bread.
- Dealing with the payments and doing closure paperwork if required.
- Serving the guests with all food and beverage requirements during their stay in an attentive and efficient way.
- Responsible for cleaning and removing the trolleys/trays from guest rooms and corridor
- Making sure that all the guest areas look immaculate.
- Attend departmental meetings if required.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Our ideal candidate has preferably:
- Work experience from 4 or 5 star hotels
- Fluency in English
- Good knowledge about food and beverage
- Proactive and customer focused approach
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world's largest and most diverse hotel company with over 7,800 properties and 678,000 rooms in 72 countries. With highly recognizable brands and hotel choices in every category from upper-upscale to economy, we offer not only the most lodging choices around the world but also exceptional customer service and great value.