Executive Pastry Chef - Night Shift - Dubai
Stomping Grounds is a well-established Specialty Coffee Hub, located in the upmarket neighbourhood of Jumeirah 1. We are by no means just another Café! Recently Stomping Grounds had the honour of serving His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum – Vice President of the UAE, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, when he passed by for a cup of coffee.
Aside from serving Dubai’s own “Specialty Batch Coffee” at this venue, Stomping Grounds is also home to Specialty Batch Micro Roastry and Coffee Lab, as well as the UAE’s only Specialty Coffee Training Centre accredited by the Specialty Coffee Association of America
The role requires a talented, passionate Pastry Chef with excellent stable working experience The successful candidate should be willing to work NIGHT SHIFTS ONLY. Should be based in the UAE and should have previous experience in a casual dining concept in the region. You should already be working as a Head/Executive Pastry Chef and should be a confident leader.
We need a Pastry Chef who is able to lead and inspire the team to create gorgeous desserts – to be creative in your dishes, preparation and live display tables or counters in accordance with company standards and knowledge of costing and budgets,
- Create and prepare desserts to complement our existing menus;
- Create and bake breads to accompany different meals at Stomping Grounds.
- Bake and decorate cakes and other baked goods according to requirements;
- Plate desserts for serving;
- Create baked goods for specific diets (gluten free, sugar free, diabetes-friendly, etc.);
- Talk to suppliers and choose the ingredients needed for desserts and other baked goods;
- Establish a budget for ingredient purchase;
- Maintain your equipment and utensils to ensure that they are in good order at all times.
- Organize and conduct tasting sessions for the wait staff and for potential clients when the situation requires it;
- Good time management skills, ensuring that works are completed during your shift and work areas clean and orderly.
- Stock & inventory control.
- Should have previous experience in a similar capacity with no less than 3 years experience as Pastry Chef.
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
- Ensuring you and your team maintain high food hygiene standards. Follow the rules of health and safety in the kitchen and troubleshooting any problems that may arise.
The ideal pastry chef should be an artist, who can craft his/her art works in flour, butter and sugar. If you have the following qualities, then you may be the right one for the job.
- Creativity - To create new types of breads and desserts, so knowledge of ingredients and creativity are required in order to successfully play with flavors. Your work must be appealing for the eye, so creativity is paramount in decorating baked goods in an attractive manner.
- Leadership skills – able to deal with all levels of staff. A cool head and the ability to delegate appropriately when required.
- Attention to detail – Excellent presentation is paramount - from carefully measured ingredients to elaborate cake décors, everything requires great attention to detail.
- Good taste and smell – You should be able to smell and taste the ingredients as well as the product in different stages in order to ensure the optimum quality and presentation of the finished product.
- Proper cooking technique and coordination
- You should obviously know your baking times and temperatures, the optimal amount of filling and the necessary steps to create perfectly baked goods are mandatory.
- Time management
- The baked goods must be ready by a specified time, so each step must be carefully calculated and the time span perfectly followed.
- Organizing skills
- The pastry chef must be perfectly organized as he/she will be working alone for a large part of the night shift.
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational and time management skills.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Excellent salary for the right candidate.
- Shared Accommodation (Will suit ‘single status’ candidate. Will be sharing with one senior management. Employee.
- 30 Calendar days vacation per year.
- Economy Airline Ticket provided annually to home country.
- Comprehensive Medical Cover.
- UAE Employment Visa and Labour Card.
- Food and Transport Allowances.