Operations Manager - Dubai
Stomping Grounds is a well-established Specialty Coffee Hub, located in the upmarket neighbourhood of Jumeirah 1. We are by no means just another Café! Recently Stomping Grounds had the honour of serving His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum – Vice President of the UAE, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, when he passed by for a cup of coffee.
Aside from serving Dubai’s own “Specialty Batch Coffee” at this venue, Stomping Grounds is also home to Specialty Batch Micro Roastry and Coffee Lab, as well as the UAE’s only Specialty Coffee Training Centre accredited by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA).
The role requires an Operations Manager to manage the operations and ensure smooth running of the establishment, while striving to increase profitability of the restaurant/café. Preferably based in the UAE with previous experience in a casual dining concept in the region. You should already be working as an Operations Manager and should be a confident leader. The ideal candidate should be able to lead and inspire the team in accordance with company standards and should”
- Design, develop and implement SOPs to ensure consistent and quality output.
- Manage the entire team and activities at Stomping Grounds.
- Ensure that all staff are provided with the relevant training in accordance with restaurant standards and the local laws.
- Source and liaise with suppliers and always ensure that comparative quotes are obtained.
- Stock and inventory control.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Select the best products, negotiate the best prices and manage suppliers.
- Prepare estimates of all food and beverage costs, coordinate with the Owner and purchase all required supplies.
- Enter into contracts with suppliers in collaboration with the Owner of Stomping Grounds
- Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits
- Monitor portion and waste control in collaboration with the Chef in Charge to maintain profit margins.
- Maintain optimal level of sanitary procedures for all food handling.
- Ensure that a neat and clean kitchen and bar area are maintained at all times.
- Ensure optimal quality food of all food and beverage preparation.
- Perform orientation and provide training to all new employees on restaurant procedures.
- Prepare financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Manage staff, prepare weekly rosters and assign specific duties.
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Determine staffing requirements interview, hire and train new employees in collaboration with the Owner of Stomping Grounds.
- Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example by providing a work environment that engenders positive energy, creativity and teamwork among employees.
- Ensure compliance to company standards to increase all sales.
- Ensure compliance of all security procedures and design strategies to protect all employees and customers and reduce injuries/accidents to staff.
- Coordinate the entire restaurant operation, including front-of-house and back-of-house
- Deliver superior guest services and ensure absolute customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently to customer complaints
- Appraise personnel’s performance and provide feedback to keep them upbeat and productive
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Publicise the restaurant by inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Excellent salary for the right candidate.
- 30 Calendar days vacation per year.
- Economy Airline Ticket provided annually to home country.
- Comprehensive Medical Cover.
- UAE Employment Visa and Labour Card.
- Food and Transport Allowances.