Sales Agent - Private Dining
Translated from Arabic, Meydan means ‘a meeting place’. Meydan Hotels, through its collection of luxury hotels & resorts, provides its guests and customers with a myriad of unique and iconic places to meet.
Whether it is a meeting of minds at a board meeting or a meeting of hearts at a wedding reception, Meydan Hotels has unrivalled venues that make its properties the place to meet.
Meydan Hotels not only personifies warm, authentic yet modern Arabian hospitality; it also represents luxury, elegance, space, style, action and serenity.
With its home in Meydan City, a prestigious new business, sporting and lifestyle destination in Dubai, Meydan Hotels is ideally situated at the epicenter of one of the world’s most exhilarating destinations. Its portfolio currently includes The Meydan Hotel, The Meydan Beach Club and Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai.
An opportunity has arisen for a Sales Agent to join the team in Private Dining. The Purpose of this role is to provide a courteous and efficient service ensuring maximum guest satisfaction in a manner consistent with our Hotel Standard.
- Maximize sales and profit by providing excellent value and service.
- Ensure that effective up selling and/or cross-selling techniques are utilized in order to maximize sales not just in room service, but also throughout the entire hotel as well.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all in room dining menu items Review the bulletin board on a regular basis and to be well informed of hotel events, city information, sold-out items, daily specials and any other information that may be relevant to the job.
- Attend training sessions as scheduled
- Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge.
- Maintain a good working relationship with your own colleagues and all other departments.
- Ensure a courteous and professional service is provided at all times.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of the hotel's policy relating to Fire, Health, Hygiene and Safety.
- Ensure the guest is greeted and addressed by name at all times.
- Take guest orders in a helpful and organized manner..
- Naturally be willing to help others.
- Answer the telephone within 3 rings according to Meydan set standard.
- Know the menu, menu ingredients, preparation and to help our guest with the menu.
- Know the prices of all our menu items.
- Demonstrate an up-selling culture.
- Report any guest comments or complaints to the manager immediately.
- Check on our guest customer satisfaction.
- Help other team members in mise-en-place duties whenever required.
- Have a basic knowledge of beverage wines/cocktails.
- Be fully conversant in house wines.
- Properly pronounce all menu items.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
- Previous experience in a similar role in UAE.
- Knowledge of Opera and Micros.
- Fluent in English.
- Any additional language will be an asset