The Waiter/Waitress is responsible for delivering great service to all guests, being knowledgeable and professional in doing so.
- Responsible for doing all preparations before and during the service, like preparing tables and polish cutlery.
- Keeping track of the stock and supplies in the restaurant and communicating where there might be a shortage like linen, glasswork etc.
- Have an extensive knowledge of the menu’s and other F&B outlets.
- Serving in either conference rooms or F&B outlets if required.
- Taking orders from the guests, explaining the menu and advising the guest on their decision making.
- Liaising with management for advice if required.
- Communicating with the kitchen about the orders and being very clear about special wishes of guests.
- Consistently upsell of food and beverages and making guests aware of promotions.
- If necessary preparing orders like drinks and preparing snacks, bread.
- Serving at parties and reception if required.
- Dealing with the payments and doing closure paperwork if required.
- Serving the guests with all food and beverage requirements during their stay in an attentive and efficient way.
- Taking reservations, in corporation with the supervisor and hostess/host if necessary because of special requests of the guest.
- Responsible for cleaning tasks during and after service.
- Making sure that all the guest areas look immaculate.
- Attend departmental meetings if required
- Basic knowledge of beer and wine.
- Professional and friendly.
- Team player.
- Effective communication skills with guests and staff.
- Quick thinking.
- Ability to lift heavy trays filled with glassware/food.
- Basic math skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- At least 1 year experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel, GCC experience is priority