Associate Director of Sales (Leisure)
Competitive salary available
Full job details
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
The incumbent in the position is responsible for directing the sales efforts by providing direction, support, training and supervision of the hotel sales team. The Assistant Director of Sales works closely with the Director of Marketing and Sales to determine appropriate sales strategies in all market segments towards maximizing the hotel’s revenues.
- Leads and organizes an effective sales team including development and supervision of the sales staff in order to maximize the hotel revenues.
- Develops and maintains key accounts through personal sales calls, correspondence with existing / potential client base, and attendance at travel and related industry meeting / trade shows / sales blitz.
- Handles all inquiries from potential clients that may involve meeting, site inspection, negotiation and contract writing.
- Provides information to all people concerned regarding the servicing and handling of incoming groups through meetings, correspondence or via telephone.
- Implements and follows up through Sales Accounts Management with call planners and objectives of calls to ensure effective use of time and resources.
- Monitors and reviews sales performance through weekly sales calls report to ensure hotel’s objectives are met with regards to rooms revenues.
- Keeps the Senior Management updated on sales efforts progress and bookings, conferring closely on matters of special handlings or unusual developments, recommending necessary sales actions to better compete in the market place.
- Assists the Director of Sales & Marketing in the preparation of the Marketing plan and the manning guide.
- Prepares various administrative reports such as Sales Call Activities Report, New Accounts List, Group Productivity, Sales Managers’ Monthly Targets, Sales Managers’ Transport Expenses, etc.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules & regulations.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
- High School Diploma, Hotel Apprenticeship, Higher College Education
- Minimum of 3 years international experience in a managerial position in a 5 star hotel in Sales &Marketing.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Developing others
- Problem solving & decision making
- Adaptability/ flexibility
- Influencing others
- Results oriented
- Customer service orientation
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Teamwork/ Cooperation
- Interpersonal skills
- Oral and listening skills
- Written skills
- Skill in the development and delivery of sales presentations
- Negotiation skills
- Selling skills
- Knowledge of current market trends
· INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Patient & friendly
- Tact and diplomacy
· OTHER SKILLS:
· Fluency in arabic- preferable
· Fluency in English : written & spoken
· Knowledge of a third language preferable
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of Fidelio
. Valid driving license
If you are being considered for this position, you will receive an invitation from us within 30 days