Director of Sales
Competitive salary available
Full job details
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
Lead, direct and motivate the Sales team. Ensure the yearly sales budget is achieved and surpassed. Responsibility for extending the management standards and quality guidelines in the department set by the DOSM and to assume complete management responsibility for all activities of the department in the absence of the DOSM, in line with the hotels mission, vision and objectives. Be guiding, team oriented, democratic and empowering.
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing during preparation of the yearly revenue & expense budget.
- In consultation with the Director of Sales & Marketing, establish and direct the organization’s financial, administrative activities and operational procedures to ensure the yearly revenue and expense budgets are achieved.
- Prepare and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner such as sales call schedules, sales call reports, monthly reports of the sales team to Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Ensure all Sales personnel have sales targets, personal sales plans and a personal incentive. Ensure all Sales personnel are registered in the K Star programme and submit the monthly status to the programme leader.
- Formulate strategies in order to run an effective Sales team. Follow up on weekly sales reports from all professional sales team members for presentation to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Monitor all outstanding balances on all department accounts and follow up with all professional sales team members in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with all professional sales team members in the preparation of personal sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and complete a report and analysis at the end of each month.
- Replace the Director of Sales & Marketing during their absence. Understand, follow and communicate the company sales vision.
- Promote the action of cross selling of other Kempinski Hotels with all sales colleagues. Overall responsibility for Leisure, Corporate, and Group segments
- Responsible for ensuring all enquires are responded to within 24 hours.
- Responsible for organising team building activities.
- Responsible for building and maintaining good relations with all Kempinski Sales Offices.
- Responsible for greeting all site inspections at the Hotel.
- Responsible for the conversion ratio of the Group Department.
- Be aware of all market trends and check with Director of Sales & Marketing for urgent action. Carry out duties, projects and other assignments as required by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Be aware of all fire, health, safety, emergency and security procedures in the hotel. Attend the international fairs, road shows maintain and build strong relations during these events.
- Use empowerment and give the team the chance to take initiative at all times
- Provide guidance to team members at all times.
- Develop organizational commitment: Take care of the team’s morale, motivation, loyalty and motivation. Build trust and team work.
- Identify new trends, recruit and develop new talents together with the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Set priorities, develop managerial work strategies (e.g.: use of delegation), establish necessary methods to track and monitor to ensure effectiveness.
- Set performance standards, linking budget to performance, reporting results and holding the sales team accountable for results.
- Be a role model for all team members in terms of work & life balance, time management, dedication to guest engagement, dedication to quality work.
- Analyse performance of the sales team, address strengths and improvement areas in order to improve effectiveness.
- Train, develop and coach team. Follow up on achievements of the team and properly recognise the success of team members.
- Seek out and target new customers and new sales opportunities, initiate action plan to approach and secure new business for the company. Provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of the sales department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals. Develop and / or maintain and improve business relations with all customers of the company.
- Attend weekly Yield Meetings. Attend weekly Sales & Marketing Meetings. Responsible for reading the weekly sales call reports and give necessary guidance if / when needed. Conduct sales calls with the Sales team. During the Director of Sales & Marketing’s absence attend weekly promotions meeting.
- Responsible for ensuring all monthly reports are sent to the relevant people.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
If you are being considered for this position, you will receive an invitation from us within 30 days