Information & Technology Director
Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SPECIFIC PRE-OPENING RESPONSIBILITIES
and follow property designs in front and heart of houses as planned and
the construction, design and setting up phases
the laying out of technology related facilities
- Act as
an advisor to the first time implementation of plans as required
any new ideas important for the successful opening of relevant facilities
work with selected vendors to ensure quality from the outset through SMART
or design available or required Standard Operating Procedures for ways of
working Devise/ approve/ implement operational manuals, brand service standards
and job descriptions for use of technology
and recruit key member(s) of own team as per IHG People tools in collaboration
with Director of Human Resources
recruitment, induction and training of own team and other teams on technology
in New Hire Induction of all colleagues in matters of Technology related
- Plan and oversee all logistics
in own department for a smooth and successful opening
- Ensure that the facilities are well set up,
logistics are available and the right quality of human resources are recruited,
trained and made enthusiastically ready for the opening as per deadlines from
Owning company, IHG and General Manager.
- Initiate new technology planning, selection/specification process and
implementation that would enhance business needs productivity
- Perform an assessment of hotel needs, determine
priorities, objectives, prepare ROI and create capital expenditure budget in
accordance to the Global Technology Standards.
- Ensure that the technology investments are well spent by effective
decision-making, successful implementation, arranging and overseeing
installation, hands on involvement, as well as directing support and
- To sustain excellent
relationship with vendors and interact positively to ensure that they meet or
exceed contractual commitment, obtain quality service, support and pricing of
technology projects and procurement.
- Provide system
training programs and manuals, arrange large group training sessions in
coordination with the Training Manager in order to have productive operations
of hotel systems.
- Provide support,
respond to problems, keep colleagues informed with the status of issues, and
ensure solutions are consistent with the business needs and IHG policies.
- Keep own self informed
of new hotel technology accomplishment through online communication tools,
demonstration and training.
- Consistently provide quick resolutions, identify, analyse,
solve issues creatively, effectively and quickly in consistent with the IHG
- Monitor hotel technology (computer and Network) operation
proactively to ensure minimal interruptions.
- To develop and consistently enhancing best practice process
in order to increase colleagues productivity and to provide seemly guest service
- Enforce IHG technology policies and standards.
- Ensure IT systems are compliant with IHG policies in support
of local laws, regulations and industry requirements (e.g.PCIDSS, PII and Data
- Maintain an accurate asset management of hardware and
an expert understanding of the property’s business needs, methodologies,
strategies and upcoming projects. Keeps current with property, competitor and
like industry uses of technology.
This is the top Information Technology job in a large full service,
luxury, or resort hotel and supervises Technology Department team.
Do you have what it
takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen
and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of
personal and professional opportunities exist.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences from a reputed institution
- 3 to 5 years experience in a leadership role at a full service five star
- Solid project management experience in organizing, planning and
executing projects from conception through successful implementation
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and statistical skills demonstrated through previous
experience of use of spreadsheets
- Strong knowledge of hotel technology principles and practices
- Strong business decision making skills. (MEA experience would be an
- Familiarity with organization design models and decision-making
- Effective presentation, communication, consulting and
interpersonal/consensus building skills for the purpose of providing information to management and colleagues