Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Food and Beverage
Prepare and service beverages for servers and guests in a speedy, efficient, friendly, and professional manner.
• Prepare drinks for the customers and servers, ensure that the proper materials and supplies are on hand, and host guest experience. Ensure that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Act as the cashier for the servers when necessary.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the bar area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar and preparation areas.
• Provide opening and closing inventory of spirits. Assist with inventories as necessary. Control costs. Perform opening and closing side work duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
• Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Starwood rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Assist servers, other bartenders, and other service team members when necessary.
• Participate in the deep cleaning of the outlet.
One year high volume bar experience required. Customer service experience preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Must have knowledge of and be able to operate all equipment related to the outlet, including, but not limited to, coffee maker and cash terminal.
• Must have a strong knowledge of drink preparation and applicable health standards.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and Starwood policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-23°C) and kitchens (+43°C), possibly for one hour or more.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 10kg
• Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 15kg on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally lift up to 30kg
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 90kg occasionally.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment, including, but not limited to, cutlery used in the cutting of fruit.