Health Club Supervisor
Full job details
The exclusive profession awaits you to be an Ambassador at The St. Regis and be part of a multi-cultural environment, pursue your passion and take the Journey of your career within the signature address at The St. Regis.
Allow Us at St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi!
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-traveled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Under the guidance of Director of Recreation / Athletic Club Manager, ensure the maintenance of the highest standards of professionalism in all aspects of the operation. Ensure smooth running of the fitness department to maximise profit. Responsible for a happy working environment and team.
• Assist the Athletic club Manager in promoting the Fitness area to maximise profitability.
• To be responsible for the administration of goods, requisition inventories and cost effective wage structure of all departmental related materials and costs.
• To issue recommendations regarding the operating budget, planning and evaluations of financial performance, including reports on sales and operations with supporting statistical data.
• To ensure the clientele are kept informed of all Fitness and Spa activities and developments.
• To prepare reports for the Director of Recreation/ Athletic Club Manager on the need for new developments or changes to existing policies or objectives to keep abreast of market developments and new products/services available.
• To maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene as laid down by Director of Recreation/ Athletic club manager.
• Courtesy to guests and other members of staff at all times.
• Assist the Athletic club manager in all operational procedures within the Fitness area to ensure effective day to day management.
• Assist the Athletic club manager in the marketing plan and its activities and be responsible for the execution of the plan. Assist with talks and promotions when required.
• To adhere to an agreed reporting system on a timely basis.
• Responsible for all stock control within the Fitness Area.
• To deal with all problems, enquiries and complaints from Athletic club guest/members.
• Day to day responsibility for equipment, cleanliness and hygiene of the premises.
• To attend managerial meetings as required.
• Responsible for setting all work rosters according to business demands
• Ensure that all the studio equipment is regularly cleaned, maintained and stored correctly.
• To perform fitness consultations as required, and to be especially aware of VIP attendance
• To be responsible for the recruitment, induction, training, development, PMP’s and discipline of all Athletic Club Staffs
• Conduct and train staff in fitness assessments and correct use of fitness equipment where applicable.
• To instigate a monthly meeting with all Athletic club team and to motivate and be aware of staff needs and aspirations.
• To set a standard at all times in professionalism, appearance and attitude as expected of all Athletic club staff.
• To conduct PMP’s as required, and oversee attendance sheets, and sick leave and holiday arrangements.
• To implement new relevant FOE’s and Risk Assessments for club.
High School Degree. Education in Physical Education with main focus on Instruction preferred.
• CYQ Qualification.
Experience in hospitality industry preferred. Experience of at least 1 year in a similar position required.
Technical/ functional competencies:
• Must be able to assist guests with inquiries
• Must be able to speak and write in English fluently
• Adequate knowledge of fitness machine and usage