Competitive Salary plus Benefits
Full job details
- Record details of work completed, purchase requisitions, stores requisitions and other workshop documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Liaise with and assist providers of specialist electrical/electronics support services, for example, contractors and suppliers
- Assist with the other Departments.
- Observe the provisions of the relevant policies and procedure (POMEC) for the hotel.
- Ensure that Health, Safety & Environment policy and procedures and all relevant health, safety environmental legislation are observed.
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the relevant work rules and standards.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives.
- Operate the safety "Tag Out" system.
- Contributes to guest satisfaction standards by ensuring technical support services and anticipates when possible individual needs. Ensures the safety and comfort of guests and staff are maintained at all times.
- Ensures adherence to all statutory regulations and fire codes by regularly reviewing standard policies and safety procedures. Ensures that any tests and inspections on plant and equipment required by statutory authorities are carried out as and when necessary, and that all records and documentation associated with such tests are correctly filed and displayed as required. Makes sure that the hotel fulfils all of the Yassat Gloria Hotels Life and Fire Safety Requirements.
- Liaises with staff and contractors when carrying out upgrading project work to ensure that Yassat Gloria Hotels standards are maintained whenever possible.
- Monitors Ken-Fix it program and updates it as necessary.
- Ensures the cost effectiveness and technical efficiency of all services performed by outside contractors. Ensures all work is carried out in accordance with contracts, scope of works, service agreements and warranties.
- Contributes to the effectiveness of management decision.
- Records necessary data to prepare monthly reports.
- Ensures that the daily work orders are allocated and work completed on time.
- Ensure preventive maintenance work is carried out as planned for all hotel equipment.
- Ensure that correct handover is made to the following shift staff.
- Ensure shift starting /finishing times are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Ensure work is carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure electrical/electronics facility meets or exceeds the required standards.
- Monitor the state of repair of equipment and initiate corrective measures.
- Attend and assist with all major breakdowns and renovations.
- Monitor breakdowns and ensure immediate response by engineering personnel, noting that this is a continuous (non stop) operation and that all equipment required must be in service when required.
- To ensure parts required for jobs are ordered and on hand when required.
- Maintain maintenance records and shift logs for both electrical/electronics work.
- Assist with the development and introduction of the BMS & CMMS.
- Participate in managing the maintenance workshops & plant room day to day activities and identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that all work processes are safe and environmental risks are controlled and minimized according to the hotel POMEC WHS & E policies & procedures manuals.
- Assist in compiling training programs and reports as required.
- Ensure all modifications/alterations are reported to the Chief Engineer/Assistant Chief Engineer in order to maintain electrical/mechanical/civil drawings for all equipment and buildings.
- Monitor and assist with the day to day running of the department activities.
- Other tasks as requested by senior management.
Yassat Hotel & Apartments shall provide an equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and career progress when it comes to gender, nationality, religion, ethnicity, disability and shall not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment of any kind.