Front Desk Agent (Arabic Speaking)
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
Full job details
- To provide an efficient and friendly check-in according to company directives
- To handle guest requests ensuring that all matters are dealt with efficiently and promptly taking preference over administrative tasks.
- To inform all relevant departments regarding special guest requests
- To be fully aware of hotel room rates, availability, promotions, services and facilities.
- To be fully aware of the hotel's selling status in order to maximize room occupancy, average room rates and additional revenue.
- To act efficiently as a general cashier as detailed in the FO SOP manual.
- To take reservations for accommodation according to company policy.
- To deal efficiently with all tasks delegated by the FOM S.AFOM or AFOM as detailed in the SOP manual
- To be aware of specific daily functions and events as detailed in the forecasts, in order to deal efficiently with guest enquiries.
- To liase with Shift leader and Housekeeping to ensure an efficient supply of rooms
- To ensure that telephones are answered quickly and efficiently following company directives and FO SOP manual
- To accept cash, approved credit cards, travellers cheques and foreign currency following set guide lines and polices laid out in the company directives and FO SOP manual
- To inform guests of the facilities within the hotel. To promote the Food and Beverage outlets to increase internal revenue, provide guests with details on local information and activities as required.
- To operate the safety deposit box system
- To be responsible for the daily ring around sheet when the hotel is forecasted over 80% occupancy
- To carry out a smooth and efficient check-out to encourage return guests
- To be responsible for the clearing of the departure Box
- To print out a list of departures still to check-out liasing with Housekeeping to clear all departures in Fidelio
- To be able to complete all daily tasks laid out in the Reception Check-lists
- To be responsible for a cashiering float in accordance with company procedure and to inform any overage/shortage to the Shift Leader/Duty Manager.
- To know the correct way to upsell creating the opportunity to maximise revenue.
- To keep the Front office management informed of any faults or complaints reported.
- To ensure that all guest and Internal messages are relayed promptly and accurately
- Responsible for the development of a marketing plan.
- Registers and assigns rooms to guests.
- Fills out baggage checks.
- Arranges for room changes if necessary.
- Answers enquiries over the telephone and in person relating to hotel services and the registrations of guests.
- Keeps records of rooms occupied and guests.
- Is responsible for ensuring a “full house” through an hourly count of reservations and rooms available in a sell out period.
- Co-ordinates with housekeeping the room status such as check out, sleep out, rooms found vacant, double beds etc.
- “Blocks” and assigns rooms for special guests.
- Accompanies VIP and special guest to their rooms and explains hotel facilities.
- Is fully familiar with all the hotel’s facilities.
- Provides information on events in town and places of interest.
- Must have an understanding of the reservation departments well as the activities of the concierge.
- Assures a timely handover to the replacing shift and registers all details in the logbook.
- Must operate within the hotels credit policy.
- Carries out any other duties as designated by the hospitality manager.
Yassat Hotel & Apartments shall provide an equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and career progress when it comes to gender, nationality, religion, ethnicity, disability and shall not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment of any kind.