We invite you to be part of The Ajman Palace Hotel - managed by HMH. Set on a private beach offering captivating views of the Arabian Gulf, this alluring hideaway is a heritage resort with a modern spirit. For our 5-star lifestyle resort, we are looking for a Chief Steward
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for managing the daily kitchen utility operations and staff. Areas of responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back dock cleaning and maintenance, banquet plating and food running. Supervises kitchen employees not actively engaged in cooking (e.g., dishwashers, kitchen helpers, etc.). Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget..
- To have a full working knowledge of all hygiene and occupational health & safety regulations in the UAE, preferably according to Ajman Municipality standards.
- To play an active role in the implementation of HACCP and to comply and follow at all times the HACCP processes put into place.
- To ensure that breakages are administrated in order to provide constant feedback to the operation as a tool to reduce breakages and losses.
- To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and ensure that all costs are controlled.
- To ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force and maintain a close cooperation with other Food & Beverage outlets.
- To participate in the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget operating cost, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To ensure that the Stewarding Department is managed, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times.
- To assist and coach in the operation and be visible during peak times or major events having a hands on approach.
- To implement a flexible scheduling based on business patterns.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned place of work.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates, implementing multi tasking principle and to check their performance periodically.
- To establish and strictly control inventories and to the par stocks in the operation for all operating equipments, Food & Beverage, FF&E items and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- Previous 5 star hotel experience, preferable in the Middle East.
- High school diploma or similar required.
- Excellent command of English language (both oral and written).
- Basic Food Safety / GHP Manager Training
- HACCP L3 Certificate
- HACCP Internal Auditor Certificate
- Knowledgeable in Stewarding Chemical
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Knowledgeable in Advance Inventory Skills.
- Good Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Strong Supplier Network in UAE
IS THIS YOU?
* Pro-active, dynamic, focused and goal oriented
* Capable to multi-task and manage a number of tasks simultaneously
* Eye for details
* Exceptional interpersonal skills
* Respect dead-lines
* Drive for continuous improvement
* Motivated by achieving and exceeding goals
* Passionate about the hospitality industry
* Excellent listening skills
* Strong sense for team ethics
* Excellent understanding of health and safety aspects
* Enjoys working with a multi-cultural team
If your answers on the above were "Yes, yes, yes,....and again yes, then what are you waiting for? Send us your application."
Please note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted directly by the hotel.