Style Talent Coach
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,200 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, and the recently introduced Tribute Portfolio™. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands
W Dubai - Sheikh Zayed Road
The W brand is set to make a grand entrance in Dubai and UAE with the opening of W Dubai – Al Habtoor City. With 356 guest rooms, including an EWOW suite, the hotel will also feature five venues, the WET pool deck and FIT gym. If about making a statement for product launches and celebratory gatherings, The Great Room, the hotel’s ballroom, is the perfect venue. Fitted out with state-of-the-art facilities, the oval shaped venue is matched with five Studios ideal for small meetings and intimate gatherings.
With the signature Whatever/Whenever service, the hotel aims to put everything at fingertips of the guests, promising access to all that is new/next in the city.
Responsible for supervising the day to day operations and the work of Stylists in the Style
Department. Provide also training, coaching, and counselling to all Stylists. To ensure the cleanliness, orderliness and good keep up quality of all Public Areas.
Keep further motivate with proactive character. Responsible for the cleanliness and maintain well
condition of equipment. Ensure the operation is following safety& security procedure.
65% of Time Spent
• Supervise the work of Stylist to ensure all on and back stage areas are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness and tidiness to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Monitor carpet and stone care program.
• Be familiar with all cleaning equipment and correct chemical handling procedures of all areas throughout hotel.
• Inspect all areas and takes corrective measures in order to meet the highest standards.
• Established standards in terms of cleanliness, maintenance, supplies, safety and security. Also check that equipment is given proper care and maintenance while being used. Report, as directed, any observed deviations to established standards.
• To check the issuing and returning of public area keys.
• To be responsible for the revision of scheduling, assigning, training and supervision of all staff in the general service section.
• To inspect personal grooming, uniform tidiness and cleanliness of his/her staff.
• To train new employees, inspect, correct and give direction to his/her staff.
• To evaluate employees, recommend promotions and perform disciplinary actions.
• To control and supervise inventory for cleaning chemicals and supplies.
• To co-ordinate with contractors for the maintenance of cleaning equipment.
• To issue and supervision of correct use of all cleaning machinery.
• To schedule and supervise the rodent control treatments.
• To schedule and supervise carpet shampooing, upholstery shampooing, floor waxing, marble floor crystallization and window glass cleaning.
• To handle the up keeping and maintenance of flowers and plants in the B&F outlets and public areas.
• To ensure all staff understand and follow the safety working procedures set by the hotel.
• To ensure all the lost and found items are reported and handed into Style Office.
• Conduct inspection of Outside Vendor Company (Overnight Cleaning/Public Area Cleaning) and provide progress to Assistant Public Area Style Executive.
• To perform other duties this may be assigned to him/her.
15% of Time Spent
• Review and adjust staffing daily to ensure optimum staffing levels.
• Review assignments of Assistant Public Area Style Executive and make adjustment.
15% of Time Spent
• Communicate throughout the day with other departments to make sure total guest satisfaction. Also monitor consumption and order replacement of guest and cleaning supplies Communicate throughout the day with Welcome Office and other departments to make sure total guest satisfaction.
5% of Time Spent
• Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as writing reports, keeping data, in relation with the role function.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility
Education High School education preferred
Experience No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience desired
Working with others
W Look: appear confident, well-groomed and dressed in a smart casual manner
W Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
Never say no attitude
Exceed customer expectations
Communicate with others
Demonstrate team spirit and cooperation
Act with professionalism & integrity
Verbal and listening skills
Taking responsibility Take ownership
Learn, develop and adapt to change
Attend to detail
Delivering results Commit to quality
Follow policies and procedures
Technical / functional competencies Skills: Administrative and operational skills
Inventory record keeping and monitoring
Knowledge of Starwood and W Hotels standards