The Restaurant Hostess coordinate activities of dining room personnel to provide fast and courteous service to guests. She schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners. She greets guests, escort them to tables, and provide menus. She adjusts complaints of guests and assigns work tasks of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Receive and record guests' reservations and assign tables.
- Greet guests at entrance of dining room, restaurant, or lounge and escort them to tables or other seating areas.
- Speak with guests and report to the restaurant manager if there are any complaints. Ensure satisfaction with food and service.
- Order necessary dining room supplies and equipment, responsible for buffet tags, hostess desk and newspapers, twice a week give the recycle paper to IVD to reuse of paper.
- Inspect dining and serving areas and equipment.
- Co-ordinate activities of food and beverage servers and other serving staff.
- Maintain daily events and reservations.
- Maintain financial statements and records.(guest name,covers,villa numbers)
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
- Greeting guest by their name at the entrance of restaurant.
The Key Results Areas for this position are as follows:
- Efficiency in work
- Politeness and responsiveness to guests
- Product knowledge.
- Personal Grooming