Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
We will provide you with plenty of training and development opportunities as well as growth within the Company.
Our accommodation is one of the best in Abu Dhabi with large villas, a pool, gym, tennis court, basketball court and a grocery shop. You will certainly feel at home!
We are looking for people who are passionate about great service, going the extra mile and personalizing our guests’ experience.
For more information on Starwood please visit www.starwoodhotels.com
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Under the supervision of the Hotel manager is responsible for the monitoring of all HACCP procedures food safety programs. Also responsible for implementation of EHSMS programs and procedures for The St. Regis Abu Dhabi.
Work in conjunction with food safety manual as per Starwood Food Safety Policy.
13. Keeps self-up to date with all new EHS related procedures and systems as well as local and international legislations.
90% Interaction with internal associates, to ensure guest satisfaction meets or exceeds standards.
5% Any duties as assigned by superior
5% Developing yourself
HACCP Job Responsibilities:
1. Overall responsible for ensuring the continual implementation of the HACCP system in the hotel.
2. Responsible for organizing monthly HACCP meetings.
3. Ensure internal audits are performed in regular intervals.
4. Ensure proper corrective actions are identified and implemented.
5. Ensure the HACCP system is revised at regular intervals.
6. Responsible for coordination with competent authorities.
7. Responsible for coordination with third party auditors for HACCP.
8. Responsible for conducting regular inspection of all food preparation, handling and serving areas.
9. Ensures HACCP is implemented in all food related areas.
10. Informs management of any unusual practices and major accidents.
11. Counsels colleagues on matters relating to hygiene and safety.
12. Prepares monthly Hygiene & Safety report.
13. keeps self-up to date with all new HACCP related procedures and systems as well as local and international legislations.
Job Responsibilities: (EHS)
1. Responsible for successful implementation of the EHSMS in the hotel.
2. Ensure the EHS team members are competent and trained.
3. Ensure the Health and Safety and Environmental management programs are implemented in all the areas of the hotel.
4. Ensure internal audits are performed in regular intervals as per the requirement from the concerned authority.
5. Ensure that proper corrective actions are identified and implemented.
6. Ensure the EHSMS system is revised at regular intervals.
7. responsible for coordination with competent authorities.
8. Responsible for organizing monthly EHSMS meetings in the hotel or as required.
9. Maintains all documentations related to the management system programs.
10. Inspects the areas of potential hazards and recommends solutions to the management.
11. Documents all incidents / accidents and takes necessary corrective actions.
12. Manages wastes by reducing and recycling wastes, encourage employees to carefully use resources.
u Post graduate and / or University / or Hotel Management School. Degree in Micro Biology or similar. HACCP auditor certification preferred but not required.
u OSHAD Certifciation
Experience u Minimum of 5 years in a similar position in a high volume internationally recognized luxury hotel chain or food and beverage or food production plant.
u Possess in-depth knowledge on HACCP and FSMS systems
Key Competencies u Communication skills
u Organisational skills
u Information system knowledge
u Guest focus
u Problem solving skills
u Get it done
Build Personal Effectiveness u Appearance: Confident, well-groomed and dressed in a business smart manner.
u Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant.
u Act with integrity.
u Excellence in communication skills: verbally and listening.
u Exhibit self-confidence
u Make sound decisions.
u Discipline and zero tolerance for non compliance on food safety
u Take initiative
Create Team Focus u Build relationships
u Facilitate open communication
u Foster teamwork
u Able to delegate
u Promote team diversity
u Customer service orientation
Create High Performance Culture u Able to multi-task and to set clear priorities
u Effective organisational development
u Take ownership
u Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate u Build support for change
u Drive continuous improvement
u Share best practices
(Language, Computers) u Able to read and write excellent English and preferably another language
u Basic computer skills