Chef de Partie - Hot & Cold Kitchen
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Directs and controls supervised kitchen staff to ensure that all the day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met.
- Co-ordinates with Outlet Managers in ensuring that specific restaurant operations function efficiently and on time..
- Monitors the consistency of preparation and presentation in all food production areas to ensure that they conform to the requisite standards.
- Liaises with purchasing and suppliers to ensure that all food items ordered are delivered, and are of the appropriate quality at the most competitive price.
- Conducts periodic checks of all food delivery and storage areas to ensure quality of food and standards of hygiene are maintained.
- Assists in the implementation of the annual promotion plan and menu change cycle.
- Helps to ensure that an accurate and up-to-date recipe bank is maintained.
- Assists in menu planning as directed, and utilises sales analysis and menu engineering techniques accordingly.
- Assists in maintaining standards of hygiene and cleanliness in all kitchen and related areas.
- Prepares and submits reports as directed by supervisors.
- Conducts frequent kitchen and back of house checks ensuring mise-en-place, production procedures, repair and maintenance, employee grooming and manning levels are in order and takes appropriate action where necessary.