Specific Job Responsibilities
- Assists other members of the kitchen brigade in ensuring that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met.
- Ensures that food is stored, prepared and secured hygienically and safely.
- Ensures that food is prepared and cooked according to specific recipes and wastage is minimised.
- Ensures food preparation and presentation in relevant food production area conform to the requisite standards.
- Reports any engineering defects to immediate supervisors.
- Makes appropriate suggestions and recommendations to supervisors for the general improvement of the company.
- Attends scheduled training courses, briefings as required.
- Participates actively in Hotel-initiated employee activities.
- Maintains good relationships with colleagues within the department and with other departments and contributes to team spirit.
- Comply with hotel standards in relation to hygiene, health, and safety policy.
- Adheres to set procedures for attendance and timekeeping.
- To carry out other tasks as maybe required from time to time by the management.