Door Attendant, Concierge - Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.About The Role
An exciting position has arisen for a Door Attendant to join us in Concierge, Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main purpose of this role is to assist the Team Leader and Guest Service Executives, ensuring to greet each guest, who enters through the main door, with a smile and by name, if known and to give a warm welcome and sincere farewell to guests arriving or departing from the Resort.
Your main duties will include the following:
- Always have a smiling, helpful and friendly attitude towards colleagues and guests alike and provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Open the car door for all guests arriving at or leaving from the main entrance in a polite and courteous manner and greet them with a warm smile.
- Always use guest names, obtain form guest luggage tag, if not available as guest and write down on luggage tag.
- Escort guests upon arrival to the reception desk for check-in.
- Coordinate and control the traffic in front of the main entrance making sure that no unauthorized vehicles are parked.
- Assist guests with loading and unloading luggage, if no Bell Attendant is available.
- Assist Bell Attendants when necessary with their tasks.
- Call for taxis for guests upon request.
- Ensure the main entrance door and area clean at all times.
- Communicate closely with the Concierge, Transport Team Leader and the valet parkers.
- Be aware of the hotel’s fire and emergency procedure.
- To comply with the hotel’s health, safety and hygiene policy and maintain high grooming standards.
- Actively use the Jumeirah Hallmarks, Guiding Principles and the ‘Everything Considered’ approach in every day tasks.
- Be aware of and follow all relevant SBSs and Jumeirah Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a sales person of all Jumeirah properties and products.
- Perform any related duties assigned by management.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about MJ facilities and services as well as Dubai and other Jumeirah properties to answer guest queries and questions.
In order to be considered for this role, it is essential for you to possess the following:
- Able to communicate effectively and to respond well (switched on) to questions and requests.
- Well versed spoken and written English, assertive communication style
- 2 years guest service experience in a 5 star Hotel
- Knowledge of Front Office application
- Accustomed to handling customer complaints