Director of Engineering - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront property that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 villas. Guests of the hotel also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise Spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced professional to lead the Engineering team at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait. The Director of Engineering will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the daily operations of the Engineering department and ensure that the property and assets are maintained in the highest order through the implementation of the Jumeirah Engineering Management System and the appointment of suitable competent personnel. The position is also responsible for developing strategies for the future growth of the department and the hotel.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare comprehensive budgets and forecasts to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation of the department.
- Ensure property is maintained in accordance with the Jumeirah Engineering Management System. This includes the fire, life and safety matrix, PPM and work order system.
- Check on completed repair and maintenance works to ensure that established standards have been met.
- Focus on team performance by reporting team metrics and assisting in determining resources needed to provide technical solutions for the hotel.
- Ensure an effective communication process is in place for Engineering department so issues are resolved and ideas shared.
- Ensure all Capital projects are conducted in line with company policy.
- Ensure the Engineering department complies with all health and safety requirements.
- Implement effective energy management strategy to ensure property utilizes energy as efficiently as possible and reduces wastage.
- Advise Group Engineering on local code changes to ensure compliance.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by management.
In order to be considered for this role, it is essential that you have a minimum of 10 years general engineering experience, a minimum of 5 years in engineering management and 2 years within the luxury hotel or related hospitality industry.
It is desirable that you will also have knowledge and experience working in the Middle East, as well as, experience in fire, life and safety systems and Green Building approach.
You must be a seasoned project manager and capable of budgeting for large scale projects and/or operations.