Assistant Front Office Manager
Full job details
Front Office, Front Office Manager, Guest Relations Manager, Night Manager, Reservations Manager, Rooms Division Manager
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Controls the availability of rooms to maximize hotel revenue, as well as responsible for the day-to-day functions of the Front Office, such as handling guest arrival and departure, and information requests.
- Plans and implements the application of availability controls to those market segments, which will maximize hotel room, food & beverage and other revenues where applicable.
- Maintains an organized reservation handling system to easily analyze trends and accurately forecast occupancy.
- Maintains a high performance standard among guest contact staff so they are knowledgeable, friendly and courteous when dealing with the guest.
- Informs the management via reports about the results of trends or guest impressions and problems in the hotel affecting the guest or the operation.
- Works closely with the Housekeeping Department to turn rooms around with a minimum of lost time and to allocate arriving guest in accommodation.
- Participates in decisions involving occupancy goals, marketing strategies, and development of rates.
- Works closely with the Sales Department to determine the most advantageous market segment ratios and to carefully handle groups and conventions upon arrival and during their stay.
- Works closely with Accounts to ensure billing procedures are effective.
- Maintains control of guest room keys, mail, parcels and need supply.
- Ensures a professional switchboard operation at all time and carried out routine test calls to ensure the standard is as high as possible.