Fire Panel Technician
Job Description of Fire Panel Technician:
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in installation, maintenance, & repair of fire & smoke suppression systems & equipment.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes, regulations or ordinances.
- Ability to operate drills, conduit benders, drill presses, cable pullers, meter (volt, OHM, AMP, Meg) hand drills, hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to use diagnostic program & other applicable diagnostic software & equipment.
- Ability to perform truetest smoke detector sensitivity procedure.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment & determine when & what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Ability to work in safe & efficient manner.
- Perform tests on fire pumps and standpipe systems.
- Performs other general building maintenance as assigned.
- Ensures that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- Inspect, repair, or replace smoke/heat detectors and sprinkler heads: repair and test dry/wet systems; tests fire alarm systems using appropriate diagnostic programs and equipment.
-Perform tests on fire pumps & standpipe systems.
-Performs other general building maintenance as assigned.