Pressman - Laundry
Full job details
The exclusive profession awaits you to be an Ambassador at The St. Regis and be part of a multi-cultural environment, pursue your passion and take the Journey of your career within the signature address at The St. Regis.
Allow Us at St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi!
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
• Inspect all garments before and after process.
• Check for the condition of garments, reporting any damaged garments to the supervisors.
• Removes stains before washing, dry cleaning or pressing.
• Maintains the solvent level and refills as and when required.
• Cleans the filters and services the machine every day.
• Reports any fault and defects in the machine.
• Loads and unloads articles to and from the Dry Cleaning machine.
• Maintains the guest laundry log book.
• Handling the guest laundry (sorting, marking, processing and packing)
• Sorts the articles for pressing, steaming and hand ironing.
• Presses, steams and hand irons articles as required.
• Attends all departmental training.
• Follows Fire, Health & Safety policy and procedures at all time
• Attends departmental communication meetings daily briefing.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the equipment (Dry Cleaning machines and Spotting Table)
• Maintain clean, clear and orderly work area.
• Ensure Starwood Brand standards are followed properly.
• Any other duties, which may be assigned to you from time to time as directed by your Supervisor or Manager.
• At least 2 years’ experience as a Dry Cleaner in a 5* Hotel
• Ability to communicate in English (written and spoken) Clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds. On a regular and continuing basis
Requires standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability.