Department Manager (Chief Steward) - Catering
Reporting to the Business Manager - Catering, the Department Manager's responsibilities and essential job functions include (but are not limited to) guaranteeing that all culinary & service areas are kept in order to maintain the highest food safety standards, managing the catering operating equipment, and supporting the culinary & service teams as they achieve their operational objectives. You will strive to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Your other responsibilities will include:
* Working closely with the Executive Chef & Operations Manager to anticipate guest needs
* Coordinating catering, plating, and food running with the Catering Chef and Catering Supervisor
* Leading and managing the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed
* Ensuring F&B culinary & service teams have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs
* Managing all equipment, china, glass and silver, running the inventory, and ensuring that adequate clean supplies of each are ready for use at all times
* Preparing monthly reports on shortages in china, silverware, and equipment, and requisitioning replacements as required while following budget guidelines.
Qualifications & Requirements:
We are looking for a well-organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a "passion for perfection" and work in a dynamic environment.
In addition, the candidate should possess/be:
* Previous leadership experience in a Stewarding department required (min 2 years)
* Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
* Computer literate, with competency in Microsoft Window applications
* Highly responsible & reliable.
A University/College degree in a culinary or related discipline would be an advantage.
About M.H. Alshaya Co.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world's most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang's, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria's Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,800 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya's stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 44,000 people from over 110 nationalities.