Head Pastry Chef - Cafe CoCo - Kuwait
6 days left
- Job Level
Café Coco is a whimsical café, restaurant and high-end patisserie, offering world-class innovative artisan cuisine and outstanding service in a friendly, unconventional and stylish environment. Café Coco combines stylish café and patisserie with modern European food.
As Head Pastry Chef, you will be responsible for all kitchen pastry operations in one of our high quality and demanding restaurants. You will be exposed to a multi-cultural working environment and have the chance to work side by side with some of the most talented and respected chefs in the business.
Your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
* Overseeing all orders from the kitchen/commissary to ensure they are prepared to a consistently high standard and in accordance with brand-specific recipes
* Ensuring that all employees report for duty punctually and wearing the correct uniform
* Organising and setting up the kitchen/commissary as efficiently as possible to increase speed and maximise productivity
* Checking daily storage areas and maintaining sufficient stock to meet the volume of business with minimum wastage.
Qualifications & Requirements:
You will have/be:
* 5 years' experience in leading a team of junior pastry chefs
* A recognized hospitality qualification or relevant experience
* Strong problem solving and communication skills.
Skill, dedication and efficiency are absolute necessities for this role, but above all a passion for pastry that will inspire your fellow chefs and delight your clientèle, keeping them returning time and again to relish in the dishes you create.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world's most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang's, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria's Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,800 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya's stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 44,000 people from over 110 nationalities.