Full job details
The exclusive profession awaits you to be an Ambassador at The St. Regis and be part of a multi-cultural environment, pursue your passion and take the Journey of your career within the signature address at The St. Regis.
Allow Us at St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi!
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture programme, you will be responsible for:
- Safeguarding of Hotel and guests’ property,
- And ensuring a safe environment for our colleagues and guests.
• Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and hotel assets, reporting findings to the relevant department for remedial action.
• Assist in the response and resolution of reported incidents.
• Ensure that a comprehensive, fair and impartial investigation into all allegations is carried out to a complete conclusion, immediately reporting any conflict of interest.
• Ensure a follow up of all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons is carried out when necessary.
• Assist sick and injured guests and employees, ensuring the production and filing of comprehensive reports.
• Visually inspect alarm, safety and fire equipment systems.
• Monitor perimeter access points to ensure integrity of threshold security.
• Oversee security officers on shift, ensuring proper attire (designated hotel uniform), grooming standards, reporting to duty on time and legally licensed as per PSBD requirement is up to date
• Ensure coverage of jurisdiction is maximized throughout shift.
• Ensure regular attendance of security personnel in conformance with authority standards and contractual requirements.
• To ensure availability for attendance on site as and when the business requires it.
• All employees are required to fully comply with Starwood rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities.
• Assist in the complete and accurate compiling of records, reports and statistics, in line with departmental, contractual and Starwood group requirements.
• Perform and professionally execute any special guest requests providing they are in line with policies or procedures.
• To coordinate with both the security manager and director for smooth functioning of the department.
• Maintain good liaison with local police station, nearest hospital and other authorities if needed.
• To assist K9 inspections and security protocols prior to any VVIP / Royalty visits and coordinate with Sierra 1 & 3 for smooth traffic flow during the arrival / departure.
• To be at the VIP / hotel main entrance during the VVIP / Royalty arrival and departure.
• Conduct a daily briefing for the contracted security guards.
• Observe guests movements in the lobby and other areas.
• To check all the banquet halls and assist with the inspection of all the emergency lights.
• Ensure a proper handover has been communicated between security contractor shifts by all required means of informative / notification.
• Ensure a clear handover has been sent via email to all in-house supervisors, making sure to copy the security manager and director.
• High school preferred
• 2 years’ experience in a Security Department at a supervisory level
• 5 Star Hotel Experience
• Additional language preferred: Arabic, German or Russian
• High level of IT understanding.
• Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
• Sound understanding of preventative maintenance and condition monitoring.
• Effective conflict resolution and problem solving skills.