Executive Sous Chef
EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF
Responsible for overseeing the operational aspects of the culinary division in meeting our set standards. Administrative and operational
support to the Director of Cuisine in meeting all divisional set targets. To maximise guest satisfaction as well protecting all assets of W
Maldives. Key purpose on enforcing operational health and safety criteria and international food hygiene regulations.
CANDIDATE PROFILE / QUALIFICATION
- Culinary degree or diploma from a recognised institution
- Minimum 8 years of combined kitchen experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a management position in one of a leading 5 star hotel chain in the same role.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Responsible for the hygienic and safe preparation of food within the food preparation areas.
- Ensuring that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimising wastage.
- Ensuring that food stock levels within food preparation areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the hotel occupancy and function forecasts.
- Ensuring that all food products received into the hotel are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
- Ensuring that all food preparation equipment is being used safely and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained as per schedule.
- Maintain consistency of first class food quality in all areas of food production.
- The implementation, physical organisation and preparation of new items and menus.
- Be creative in the design and implementation of ongoing food concepts.
- Implement quality control procedures.
- Inspect method of food preparation and cooking in all areas.
- Responsible in ensuring that all staff meals are of a high standard and that the staff canteen is maintained in a clean and tidy state at all times.
- Inspect plate presentation and continually review and update when necessary.
- Plan and execute well constructed Food and Beverage promotion on a scheduled basis.
- Ensure compliance with legislated heath and safety requirements within the workplace, paying particular attention to Food Safety Legislation.
- Comply with all Corporate and Hotel Standards and Procedures.
- Promote by example the principles of “The Power of Service”.
- Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and associates alike.
- Manage the administration of trainees and apprentices on the property
- Leadership and Management skills
- Delegation skills
- Organisational & time management skills
- Communication skills (written/verbal)
- Guest focus
- Strong training skills
- Quality awareness