Director of F&B
We currently have an great opportunity for an experienced Director, F&B for our luxury 5* Hotel, located in the Heart of Doha. We are looking for a candidate who embraces the innovative spirit, thus ensuring that guests who visit our Hotel have amazing experience and everlasting memories.
The Director, F&B will be a part of the Hotels’ Leadership team who collectively make key strategic and operational decisions for the Hotel. The Director, F&B’s key responsibility will involve all aspects of the F&B function of the Hotel, including the Bars & Restaurant , In-Room Dinning, Banqueting, Financials & Budgeting and Management of colleagues in compliance with the operating standards and policies and procedures.
This role will directly report to the General Manager of the Hotel.
Scope of the Position
- Directs and organizes the activities of the Food& Beverage department in maintaining high standards of the operation in quality service and merchandising to maximize profits.
- Reviews food and beverage menus submitted by the Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager to determine that sufficient items are ordered weekly. Eliminates or adds items to list, utilizing experience and knowledge of facility operations.
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet hotel standards and local health laws.
- Analyzes information concerning facility operation, such as daily food sales, guest projections, and labor costs to prepare budget and to maintain cost control of food and beverage operations, using and following standard business procedures.
- Inspects and taste prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Is committed and is always striving to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Contributes to the morale and team spirit of the hotel by maintaining effective relationships with colleagues.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically, and within the parameters of Qatar law.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have at least 3-5 years’ experience at EXCOM level in luxury 5 star Hotel
- Be innovative, financially savvy, Connect emotionally with guest and internal customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, People Management Skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Well verged with technology, which helps F&B to take next level
- University degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Must be passionate to train the F&B team
- Must have experience of working with Multi-cultural team and international hospitality brands