7 days left
- Job Level
Attractive salary and Benefits
Mondrian Doha, opening in late 2016, brings the up-all-night intensity, energy and Sunset Strip vibe of the original Hollywood Mondrian to the West Bay Lagoon neighborhood of Doha, capital city of Qatar.
Mondrian Doha will buzz with the instant gratification, the perfect provocative moment, perpetual possibility and confident cool that Mondrian is known for worldwide. Mondrian’s famous lobby scene, the soul of the hotel, will recreate the see-and-be-seen vibe of the original and will be the place to meet for a cocktail and intense mingling.
This is an Exciting opportunity to join our pre opening Team at Doha. Mondrian Doha will be Morgans Hotel first Hotel in the Middle East, with more in the pipeline. We are a luxury lifestyle brand, and we are looking for a dynamic, experienced, enthusiastic and energetic professional.
Under the general guidelines of the Sales Director, solicit business that enables the Mondrian Doha to meet and/or exceed set revenue goals in rooms, events, meetings, conferences and food and beverage.
The Sales department is responsible for selling the hotel and providing a relationship-oriented atmosphere for the client, who would book business into the hotel. The Sales Executive will have a defined sales territory, market segment(s), account list and/or may partner in a job-sharing setting. Their primary function is to book business from their prospecting and solicitation efforts and respond to inquiries. Based on assigned territory and market segment, it’s expected that a significant portion of time be devoted to new business development.
Expectations and overall duties of a Sales Executive are identical to the expectations and duties of a Sales Manager in addition to a reduced level of administrative support to their Supervisor(s).
Duties & Functions:
- Solicit new and existing business to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication
- Meet or exceed personal sales solicitation call goals based on a minimum of 5 daily appointments covering existing and prospective accounts
- Responsible for administration of support functions to their supervisor including, but not limited to responding to emails and correspondence on behalf of their supervisor; Input and maintenance of databases; Supply ordering and tracking.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail, answering telephones and providing additional general office assistance when needed
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance
- Participate in daily RevMax meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required
- Work with other departments within the hotel to provide quality service to customers
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers
- Manage and update the contact database and hotel function space booking program (i.e. Delphi), liaise with Sales Managers and Reservations
- Maintain booking guidelines as directed by the Sales Directors and/or Director of Revenue Management
- Relay all details of group bookings and cancellations to reservations
- Coordinate the booking process of hotel function space from the inquiry stage to the meeting of the meeting planner on the day to create a one stop shop
- Ensure that the function space is set up as required by the meeting planner and be the contact person on the day
- Book all AV equipment
- Adhere to the highest standards of professional contact with clientele, including a follow up call or letter to meeting planner post-event
- Send banquet event orders and/or contracts to meeting planner and ensure signatures are obtained
- Coordinate all Food and Beverage requirements, including the restaurants, for meeting planners in the function space and any groups in house
- Assist Sales Manager(s)
- Produce a monthly production report to the Director of Sales and Marketing
- Post all room charges and equipment to folio
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous hotel or travel industry experience preferred with a minimum if two years in a sales environment
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with Arabic as an additional preferred
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently
- Ability to establish and master goals
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations