Attractive salary and Benefits
Mondrian Doha, opening in late 2016, brings the up-all-night intensity, energy and Sunset Strip vibe of the original Hollywood Mondrian to the West Bay Lagoon neighborhood of Doha, capital city of Qatar.
Mondrian Doha will buzz with the instant gratification, the perfect provocative moment, perpetual possibility and confident cool that Mondrian is known for worldwide. Mondrian’s famous lobby scene, the soul of the hotel, will recreate the see-and-be-seen vibe of the original and will be the place to meet for a cocktail and intense mingling.
This is an Exciting opportunity to join our pre opening Team at Doha. Mondrian Doha will be Morgans Hotel first Hotel in the Middle East, with more in the pipeline. We are a luxury lifestyle brand, and we are looking for a dynamic, experienced, enthusiastic and energetic professional.
Under the general guidance of the Director of Sales, coordinate all transient & group business in the hotel, by liaising with all departments, and being the single contact point for the booker. Maximize the sales of bedrooms, hotel function space and coordinate a seamless booking and follow up process, Coordinate booker and meeting planner party/function requests, ensuring all necessary approvals are obtained. Supports Sales team members in administrative duties including the timely delivery of quotations and contracts.
Duties & Functions:
- Manage and update the hotel function space booking program (i.e. Delphi), liaise with Sales Managers, Revenue, Banqueting Operations and Reservations
- Update groups ceilings as directed by the Director of Sales and Marketing and/or Director of Revenue Management
- Coordinate all group requests once the contract has been signed and hand over all details to Groups Reservations once the billing details and rooming list have been received
- Relay all details of transient corporate account and group bookings and cancellations to reservations
- Coordinate private events in the Roof top, Penthouses and other venue space
- Coordinate the booking process of hotel function space from the inquiry stage to the meeting of the meeting planner on the day to create a one stop shop
- Ensure that the function space is set up as required by the meeting planner and be the contact person on the day
- Book all AV equipment
- Adhere to the highest standards of professional contact with clientele, including a follow up call or letter to meeting planner post-event
- Send banquet event orders and/or contracts to meeting planner and ensure signatures are obtained
- Coordinate all Food and Beverage requirements, including the restaurants, for meeting planners in the function space and any groups in house
- Assist Sales Managers
- Produce a monthly production report to the DOS/Director of Sales and Marketing
- Post all room charges and equipment to folio
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- College Degree in Business or Hospitality, or related field preferred
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel and with middle east experience
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems – Opera, Delphi etc
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Strong administrative skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Other languages desirable especially Arabic
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork