Bellman - WI
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is situated in the modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 1,200 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai’s largest private white-sand beach and glittering, 238-berth world-class marina
The Front Office Department is responsible in ensuring that guests are provided with an excellent welcoming service as well as making sure that guests will have a smooth check-in, uncompromising stay, and check out experience. This department will also help in up selling of rooms and gives an inside of the best places to visit in town.
Your job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
* Provides all guests with a warm, friendly and professional
welcome, greeting and farewell.
* Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
* Recognize the long term guest by name and provide them a great
* Assist with the loading and unloading of luggage to and from
* Maintains a record of A) All baggage in storage. B) Group
baggage sent to rooms. C)
* Coordinates maintenance of vehicles.
* Obtain taxis for guests and assist with all transportation requests
* Be knowledgeable of the events of the day and of daily Hotel
* Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and
* Informs Security or the Duty Manager of any security concerns and
ensure safe and secure operations of the driveway at all times
* Works closely with Concierge team and valet team to ensure
traffic flow and reports any concerns to superiors
* Monitor guests entering and exiting the hotel at all times and to
report any suspicious or inappropriate behaviour.
* Constant standing and walking throughout shift
* Follow all safety policies, Conversant with emergency evacuation
and fire procedures
* Calls for limousine and taxi not only for airport transfers but also
within and around Dubai considering utmost revenue for the hotel.
* Knows the basic operation of Fidelio computer system.
* Maximizes sales & revenue for the hotel especially transportation
revenue and minimizes operational costs.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
To move into this position you should have:
* Minimum of two years experience in a 5 star hotel working as a
Doorman, Bellman or similar role.
* Good command of the English language speaking, reading and
* High school or equivalent education required.
* Basic knowledge of hotel, its services and facilities.
* Basic knowledge of Bell Service operations.
* Highly customer focused, Outgoing, friendly, warm personality.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* Partially outdoor duty and fit to work 3 shifts (morning, afternoon,
* Multiple language ability, an advantage.