Welcome Experience Talent Coach
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,270 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®).
W Dubai - Sheikh Zayed Road
Turn up the heat at W Dubai - Al Habtoor City, where style visionaries and cultural connoisseurs converge to redefine what’s new on the global stage. Part of the booming metropolis’ largest integrated urban resort, 33 floors of ever-evolving creative energy soar above bustling Sheikh Zayed Road and the new Dubai Water Canal.
Revel in level upon level of sensational elements, whether the 356 guestrooms and suites transforming sweet dreams into reality, epicurean pleasures, or sophisticated socializing. For momentous occasions, more than 1,000 square meters of function space can be configured to project maximum impact. But first, zoom up to the Welcome Desk on the 30th floor, where you’ll check in to panoramic views of shimmering skyline.
With our signature Whatever/Whenever® service and W Insider with the scoop and access on the city’s top spots and hidden gems, W Dubai is the pulse of next generation fashion, music and design.
Rooms/Welcome Office/Welcome Experience
60% of Time Spent
• Acknowledges the guest with a smile and eye contact at 10 feet and greeting at 5 feet.
• Walks the “10 to 5” when offering directions, never pointing.
• Introduces him/herself and offers assistance.
• Greets the guest at each encounter with an appropriate greetings and body language. The Welcome Experience Agent should address the guest by name.
• Supplies guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services and hours of operation, local areas of interest and activities.
• Gathers, summarizes and utilizes information about property and surrounding area amenities, including special events and activities.
20% of Time Spent
• Identifies and explains room features to guest.
• Ensures proper coverage and executes throughout all zones of the living room
• Arranges transportation ( e.g. taxi).
• Operates with PMS -OPERA, StarGuest and Microsoft Office.
• Serves welcome drinks to all arrival guests.
• When rooming a guest or delivering luggage, offers to explain the hotel facilities and services.
• Explains safety features and points out emergency exits.
• Be in the living room socializing and participating in guest needs.
• Assists Insider team in handling WHO arrivals and creating WOW moments.
20% of Time Spent
• Entertains the guests and creates “sweet simple things” after interacting with guests.
• Is presentable at all time as per grooming standard.
• Supports welcome and door ambassador if needed.
• Responds to guest request for special arrangements or services (spa services, transportation, religious services, babysitting, financial services, business centre services, reservation, dry cleaning, entertainment/sporting events, shopping, room set up by making arrangements or identifying appropriate providers).
Experience 1 year of Guest Service Experience in 5 star environment , preferable in B&F and Rooms
Working with others W Look: appear confident, well groomed and dressed in a smart casual manner following the property and company guidelines.
W Personality: warm, welcoming, efficient and innovative.
Demonstrates high skill levels in communication
Demonstrates cooperation among all departments.
Is Adaptable and Flexible
Ability to see new ways of doing things and confidence to suggest improved processes and working methods.