Assistant Outlet Manager - W Lounge
5 days left
- Job Level
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,270 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®).
W Dubai - Sheikh Zayed Road
Turn up the heat at W Dubai - Al Habtoor City, where style visionaries and cultural connoisseurs converge to redefine what’s new on the global stage. Part of the booming metropolis’ largest integrated urban resort, 33 floors of ever-evolving creative energy soar above bustling Sheikh Zayed Road and the new Dubai Water Canal.
Revel in level upon level of sensational elements, whether the 356 guestrooms and suites transforming sweet dreams into reality, epicurean pleasures, or sophisticated socializing. For momentous occasions, more than 1,000 square meters of function space can be configured to project maximum impact. But first, zoom up to the Welcome Desk on the 30th floor, where you’ll check in to panoramic views of shimmering skyline.
With our signature Whatever/Whenever® service and W Insider with the scoop and access on the city’s top spots and hidden gems, W Dubai is the pulse of next generation fashion, music and design.
Beverage & Food
Purpose of Role:
Guarantee the management of the daily activities of the Lounge in line with set quality standards (service, beverages, food), local regulations (health and safety, fiscal and employment), ensuring the necessary coordination between the different B&F outlets, contributing to achieving the sales volume and guests satisfaction.
Guarantee the Back-of-the-House activities (financial and staff administration) both at the planning and the management stages.
Guarantee the progress of assigned Human Resources, managing staff training and rotation in order to establish the proper team spirit.
Cast Key Responsibilities:
30% of Time Spend – Planning’s and Settlings
• Assisting in preparation of W Lounge goals and budget.
• Responsible for achieving Lounge goals, objectives, budgeted revenue, average check and number of covers and venue turnover.
• Responsible for venue par stocks, requisitions, storage, inventory.
• Responsible for all Safety & Security HIDs awareness and implementations.
• Assist in controlling and analysing on an ongoing basis the operating cost, sanitation, hygiene, maintenance.
• Knowledgeable about implementation of laws relating to menus, liquor liability, local health, contract law etc.
• Knowledgeable about all B&F standards, concepts and philosophies. Insuring that all updates and changes recorded and talents informed.
• Assisting in menu as well as B&F and Entertainments offers planning.
• Assisting in advertisements and promo-blasts settlings.
• In charge for talents monthly attendants record, and vacation planning. As well as recordings of any kind of disciplinary actions.
• Assist in team and events schedules planning.
• Assist in developing and implementing weekly/monthly training plans for talents.
50% of Time Spend – Operation and Talents coaching
• Being on top of all opening and closing procedures of the venue – operational, financial etc.
• Assisting in supervising day to day operation of W lounge. As well as coordination the prompt, efficient and courteous service at the Lounge.
• Coordinating all requests and communications between W Lounge and other hotel venues and departments.
• Build and maintain effective and positive employee relations.
• Checking talents knowledge, coaching and giving feed-back of their performance.
• Ability to make quality control of B&F products, service and brand standards.
• Ability to clearly define productivity standards with quality requirements and methods needed to obtain them.
• Make permanent guest contacts, build professional and positive relations with guests.
• Entertain guests.
• Handle guests complains.
• Ability to take an ownership of events arrangements and preparations, held by W Lounge.
20% of Time Spend – Analysing the results
• Knowledge of marketing plan, competitions, promotional concepts, P&Ls and sponsorships.
• Knowledge budgeted costs and being able to analyse profitability of certain period of operation.
• Ability to analyse top selling items/offers as well as dead stocks.
• Ability to activate assigned financial goals of the Lounge.
• Ability to monitor guests feed backs in social Medias.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility
• College diploma/degree, preferably in hotel/restaurant management
Experience • Must have at least 2 years’ experience in the position of Assistant
• Manager or Supervisor in Food and Beverage.
• Previous experience in restaurants and bars preferred.
Working with others • W Look: appear confident, well-groomed.
• W Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
• “Never say” no attitude
• Exceed customer expectations
• Communicate with others
• Demonstrate team spirit and cooperation
• Act with professionalism & integrity
• Verbal and listening skills
Taking responsibility • Take ownership if needed
• Learn, develop and adapt to change
• Work independently
• Manage Time
• Attend to detail
• Take initiative
Delivering results • Commit to quality and W brand
• Follow policies and procedures
• Follow direction
• Able to handle multitask
• Be flexible
Technical / functional competencies • High level of IT understanding including Micros
• Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
• Understanding of Starwood policies and procedures
• Basic understanding of international and local labour law
• Starwood program knowledge preferred
Other skills (Language) • Fluency in English mandatory
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Second language preferred