Assistant Outlet Manager - All Day Dining
7 days left
- Job Level
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,270 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®).
The Westin Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road
As the newest and grandest Westin in the region with 1,004 guest rooms including 142 suites, every detail of The Westin Dubai, Al Habtoor City – from the peaceful guestrooms with Westin Heavenly® Beds and Westin Heavenly® Baths to the six delicious restaurants with cuisines from around the world – is designed to ensure an enlivening stay. Guests can feel restored in the Heavenly Spa by Westin with 20 treatment rooms or re-energize in the 24 hour WestinWORKOUT facility. For the smallest travelers, the Westin Family Kids Club provides an outlet for discovery and the Westin Club offers an escape for club guests, 39 floors above Sheikh Zayed Road.
Food & Beverage
• Plan, organize, direct and control the work of staff members and managers in the in the Food & Beverage Outlets while ensuring exceptional service and attention to guests. Assist the Manager, Food & Beverage in the short term and long term goals of the Food & Beverage Outlets.
• Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline staff members and managers in multiple Food & Beverage operations and outlets to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
• Control labour and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control while focusing on creative revenue generation solutions to maximize profit.
• Prepare daily and weekly payroll as required by the Controller.
• Process and co-ordinate daily P&L deliverables in the areas of portofolio pricing, corporate actions and P&L reporting.
• Managing cost control.
• Continuous updating Stawoodone knowledge and Brand standards trainings.
• The ability to be visible in the operation, recognize and maintain relationships with regular guests as well as cultivate relationships with new patrons.
• The ability to work closely with the Manager, Food & Beverage, Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price.
• Communicate with staff members and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments
• Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and promote teamwork
• Anticipate, in advance, all materials and supplies and assure their availability.
• Observe daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipments in the restaurant, makes recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
• Prepare staff schedules which allow for appropriate service while controlling labor costs and overtime.
• The ability to ensure a safe working environment for all employees within the restaurant.
• Promote good public relations and handle complains or concerns of guests.
• The ability to understand all food and beverage items offered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service. Also, an expert knowledge of wines and spirts.
• Completions and conducting performance evaluations for all employees.
• The ability to attend and participate in all required meetings.
• Conduct training for staff, implementation of internal food and safety ongoing training.
• Complete all accidents reports promptly.
• Assist with service in all Food & Beverage outlets.
• Assist with set-up and cleaning of operational areas.
• To perform duties in the absence of Outlet Manager.
• High school or equivalent education required
• Must have at least 2 to 3 years’ experience in the position of assistant manager or manager in Food and Beverage.
• More experience preferred.
• Communication skills
• Organisational skills
• Information system knowledge
• Food and Beverage knowledge
• Guest focus
• Problem solving skills
Build Personal Effectiveness
• Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant.
• Act with integrity.
• Excellence in communication skills: verbally and listening.
• Exhibit self-confidence
• Make sound decisions
• Take initiative
Create Team Focus
• Build relationships
• Facilitate open communication
• Foster teamwork
• Able to delegate
• Promote team diversity
• Customer service orientation
Create High Performance Culture
• Able to multi-task and to set clear priorities
• Effective organisational development
• Take ownership
• Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate
• Build support for change
• Drive continuous improvement
• Share best practices
Other skills (Language, Computers)
• Fluency in English and preferably another language
• Good computer skills
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.