Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is situated in the modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 550 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai’s largest private white-sand beach and glittering, 238-berth world-class marina
China Grill’s legendary Asian-inspired World Cuisine and dramatic design. It is one of the many concepts from the globally renowned China Grill Management – that has been at the top of its market for the last 25 years in New York, Miami, Las Vegas and London.
China Grill serves Italian, Japanese, French, Chinese and American influences intermingle flawlessly throughout China Grill’s menu of dishes and drink. Each dramatically presented and artistically prepared and recognized for its freshness and attention to detail in both food and beverage.
A Sushi Chef is responsible for operating the Japanese / Sushi section of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while planning production and developing seasonal offerings.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Required to plan production and develop the Sushi menu.
* Check function sheets and daily menu items of the kitchen and
sub sections to determine the variety and quantity of food to
* Operate the sushi section of the kitchen
* Ensure consistency in quality of dishes at all times
* Supervise and coordinate all preparation and presentation in
* Plan production to facilitate daily requirements
* Develop appropriate seasonal menu offerings
* See that all food product prepared is due so in a wholesome,
clean appetizing and attractive manner.
* Maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment and ensure
that staff adheres to strict food hygiene standards and Health and
* Be in charge of equipment maintenance, fridge temperatures,
Health and Safety regulations
* Manage food cost controls to contribute to F&B revenue, recipes,
costing and updating
* Responsible for Sushi food cost
* Implement a daily and monthly checklist for all kitchen
* Ensure proper follow-up to attain maximum quality and efficiency.
To move into this position you should have
* Must have 5 years’ experience as Sushi Chef of a high-end
volume dining concept
* Experience in 5 stars hotels preferred
* Hospitality Graduate or equivalent qualification or equivalent
hands on experience in high end restaurants/ hotels
* Approaches food in a creative way
* Must have spend much of his/ her career in contemporary and
progressive dining venues
* Must have grown through the ranks of Japanese and / or Asian
garde manger and specialty productions
* English language essential
* Excellent grooming standards
* Excellent planning and organising skills
* Dedicated to the delivery of exceptional service and continuous
* Preference for candidates who have HACCP certified