Welcome Desk Manager
4 days left
- Job Level
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,270 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®).
W Dubai - Sheikh Zayed Road
Turn up the heat at W Dubai - Al Habtoor City, where style visionaries and cultural connoisseurs converge to redefine what’s new on the global stage. Part of the booming metropolis’ largest integrated urban resort, 33 floors of ever-evolving creative energy soar above bustling Sheikh Zayed Road and the new Dubai Water Canal.
Revel in level upon level of sensational elements, whether the 356 guestrooms and suites transforming sweet dreams into reality, epicurean pleasures, or sophisticated socializing. For momentous occasions, more than 1,000 square meters of function space can be configured to project maximum impact. But first, zoom up to the Welcome Desk on the 30th floor, where you’ll check in to panoramic views of shimmering skyline.
With our signature Whatever/Whenever® service and W Insider with the scoop and access on the city’s top spots and hidden gems, W Dubai is the pulse of next generation fashion, music and design.
Responsible for managing the Welcome talent to ensure a warm, welcoming and witty experience is had by all guests and to ensure all talent provide service WOW’s.
The Welcome team are responsible for a sensory welcome experience for all guests and a seamless departure experience for all guests, whilst also ensuring a sense of fun is had.
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Welcome Desk and W Insiders, the Welcome Office Manager is responsible for communicating guest information throughout the hotel.
• Manage the Welcome Office operations such as guest’s welcome, check in, check out and guest assistance to ensure our guests an enjoyable lifestyle experience. Develop, implement and continually review the policies, procedures, practices and standards, and control to ensure they are consistently applied.
• Develop and implement departmental objectives for the Welcome Office team in line with the hotel objectives. Participate in the selection of talent. Train, develop, coach and manage the performance of direct and indirect reporting talent to ensure the efficient running of Welcome Office in order to maximize talent satisfaction, productivity and guest satisfaction.
• Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
• Maintain high visibility during peak period in order to ensure smooth running of operations, promote good public relations, take corrective actions and handle customers’ requests and complaints to ensure their satisfaction. Upon needs, respond to emergency codes.
• Keep abreast of all emergency procedures, hotel promotions, product knowledge, WHO arrivals, upcoming events and brief Talent Coaches accordingly so that all Welcome Desk Talent are able to answer guest requests and questions.
• Participate in the preparation of the forecasting and departmental budget and manning guide and manage within budget guidelines. Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues.
• Ensuring all W standards are adhered to, to achieve the optimum LRA score. Maintaining and achieving the hotel’s GSI scores and take action where necessary.
Education : College Degree in Hotel Management
Experience : 3 years of management experience at the Welcome Desk or management experience from combined relevant areas
Build personal effectiveness
W Look: appear confident, well groomed and dressed in a smart casual manner
W Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
Act with integrity
Make sound decisions
Adaptability / Flexibility
Verbal and listening skills
Writing skills : Able to write plans and reports