Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
We will provide you with plenty of training and development opportunities as well as growth within the Company.
Our accommodation is one of the best in Abu Dhabi with large villas, a pool, gym, tennis court, basketball court and a grocery shop. You will certainly feel at home!
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Food and Beverage
• Interacts and cooperates with other members of the kitchen brigade as appropriate.
• Rotates among the different stations to learn and develop different culinary skills
• Interacts and cooperates with other departments and other sections of food and beverage as appropriate.
• Liaises with the Demi Chef de Partie and Chef de Partie in charge to ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards.
• Work on a section or in a department when sufficiently advanced, sharing the work load.
• Attends training classes as per scheduled training plan.
• Learns the hotel’s fire and safety precautions as well as how to operate the kitchen’s firefighting equipment.
• Responsible for store pick up and the proper arrangement of all storages and walk-in chillers
• Performs an antimicrobial treatment of all fruit and vegetable deliveries
• Learns by practice and from observing the work towards achieving a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene as well as minimum food and fuel waste.
• Prepares hot sauces, meat and fish, vegetables, rice and potato dishes, salad dressings, appetizers, salads and food displays in accordance with established recipes and methods.
• Ensures that the section is kept clean and organized.
• Assists the Demi Chef de Partie and the Chef de Partie in charge in ensuring appropriate production level for the daily operation.
• Prepares mise-en-place for the assigned kitchen.
• Adheres to portion control policy/standard plating instructions.
• Samples all foods, sauces, dressing on regular basis to ensure established standards are maintained.
• Stores all foods such as sauces, dressings, meat and vegetables according to established procedures.
• Ensures that all equipment in the kitchen section is correctly handled and maintained.
• Complies with WESTIN hygiene and sanitation standards.
• Adopts the clear-as-you-go method of working.
• Complies with hotel`s health and safety policy.
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Receives o- the- job training and guidance and cooperates with fellow workers to promote it.
• Attends the scheduled training classes and shares the kitchen workload when able to.
• Learns the local and hotel’s health authorities’ sanitation and hygiene requirements as well as SGS.
Previous hospitality experience