Income Audit Clerk
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is situated in the modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 550 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai's largest private white-sand beach and glittering, 238-berth world-class marina.
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is situated in the modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 550 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai’s largest private white-sand beach and glittering, 238-berth world-class marina
Finance is an exciting and valuable function within our hotel and is continually gaining momentum as it evolves. We are setting a higher standard within continuous design and incorporation of technological advances and the ongoing development of the analytical and leadership skills for our Financial professionals. There is an abundance of existing tools and ongoing creating of new tools to further both personal and professional growth, which makes the role truly dynamic.
Your job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
* Ensures that all relevant charges have been posted to the guest
accounts. Charge vouchers from banquets etc…
* Prepares the system reports of the Food & Beverage activity and
the automated posting of the room revenue.
* Prepares the daily revenue report. Particular attention is given to
the daily Food & Beverage recap. It should include covers, food
revenue, beverage revenue per outlet per service.
* Checks the trial balance, at the closing of operations and verifies
that each folio is correct.
* Responsible for the preparation and distribution of various reports
generated by the system, such as: travel agent commission report,
credit balance report (credit manager) the registration cards for
the Front Office and others.
* Verifies the daily safe-deposit box inventory as prepared by the
Front Office Manager, his Assistant or the Head Cashier.
* Review and balance rebates, paid-outs, miscellaneous charges
and staff charges
* Verify and/or reconcile all revenue centers as reported in the
Income Journal daily.
* Ensure that Audit Trial is evidenced throughout all tasks
* Ensure that all service charges (Banquet, Room Service etc.) paid
are in line with net receipts on pay period basis.
* Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy.
* Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial
* Control and secure cash and cash equivalents for property
according to cash handling policy and procedures.
* Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in
accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies
* Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting,
auditing, or payroll reports and tables.
* Audit statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports
* Audit and reconcile all revenue postings.
* maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect
* Performs any duties as assigned by the Financial Controller.
To move into this position you should have:
* Accounting Graduate or 3 years overall accounting experience in
5 stars hotels
* Excellent Knowledge of Opera, Micros 9700.
* Good command of the English language speaking, reading and
* Fit to work 3 shifts (morning, afternoon, night)
* Figure Oriented (Addition, Multiplication, etc.)
* Opportunities to grow within the Accounts department.