Chef De Cuisine, Blue Orange
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is situated in the modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 550 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai's largest private white-sand beach and glittering, 238-berth world-class marina.
Food & Beverage (F&B) represents approximately half of total business and is a key driver of guest experience. As a result, the F&B function is critical to the overall success and reputation of our individual hotels, our portfolio of brands, and for Starwood as a whole.
Blue Orange is an interactive, multi functional restaurant, serving breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and supper. The emphasis of the restaurant will be placed on visual food displays in the live theatrical front of house show kitchen, offering the freshest product for each meal period.
"Eating out of the pan, off the grill and out of the wok" will best describe the restaurant concept.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
* Main duties and responsibilities will include: (Preparation and
supervision of food according to prescribed recipes and
consistently maintaining standards of quality, cost, presentation
and flavor of foods)
* Take a leading role in the kitchen area, organizes and delegates
work to kitchen team members
* Maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment and ensure
that staff adheres to strict food hygiene standards and Health and
* Be in charge of equipment maintenance, fridge temperatures,
and Health and Safety regulations
* Assigns schedules and supervises all production in all kitchen
* Assigns; co-ordinates and supervises the duties and performances
of all the associates
* Runs check on all food products in the kitchen to assure standards
are being met.
* Maintains good housekeeping procedures in preparation areas
Maintains paper work relative to production chart, high cost control,
BEO's and special orders.
* Give daily fifteen minute training for all the kitchen associates.
* Attends or holds daily briefing for upcoming functions.
* Control of overtime and productivity.
* Daily check of store room on proper procedures.
* Checks employee's work areas, clothing and appearance, and safe
* Helps in planning of any action concerning kitchen, comes up
with ideas for new menus, food festivals, special theme nights.
* Attends kitchen meetings; encourages cooks and store room staff
to come up with new ideas and suggestions to consistently
improve our products and services
* Covers administrative work, ensures accuracy of temp logs, Steak
& Fish chart
* Trains all of his staff according to the four-step method.
* To coordinate the inventory, purchasing and disbursement of all
supplies with the management
* Follows (FIFO)First in First Out procedures
* Directs and supervises whole team in their work.
* Promotes and maintains effective communication between
supervisor and each other.
* Checks on food presentation, standards and adequate set-up for
each meal period.
* Ensure implementation of safety standards and procedures with
the use of cleaning supplies
To move into this position you should have
* Hotel school or equivalent hands on experience in high end
* 6 years minimum experience as a sous chef/ chef de cuisine/
head chef in an award winning establishment
* 5 star hotels experience a must
* New style / modern buffet presentations
* Must have managed busy operations with a large brigade of chefs
* Knowledge in multi food style operations with live cooking
* Must have experience in serving High quality food for larger
numbers (Approx 700 meals a day- buffet style
* Key requirements: Innovated, excellent multi cuisine menu
planning, rostering, computer skills.
* Preference for candidates who have HACCP certified
* English language essential
* Confident, outgoing, creative and quality focused
* Be training focused, controlled and non-aggressive management
* Split shifts, straight shifts, indoor/ outdoor
* Possible growth plan to executive sous chef level
* Good interaction skill with guest. (Fantastic PR person)
* A motivated and innovative Chef to join their kitchen brigade who
will take control of the kitchen
* A people’s person, quality focused, team player, calm, exposed to
high end operations