Learning & Development Manager
7 days left
- Job Level
Responsible for the training and development needs and managing the training function of the property.
CANDIDATE PROFILE / QUALIFICATION
- Minimum of 1 year experience in similar capacity.
- Experience in managing the Training & Development functions, preferably in the hotel industry.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Provide a professional, advisory and executive support service pertaining to Training & Development to the General Manager to assist in meeting the strategic goals of the establishment.
- Ensure that all new employees attend the Resort Orientation program.
- Conduct training needs analysis of the resort and departments.
- In conjunction with Department Heads, develop departmental on the job training schedules that meet departmental operating objectives.
- Design, produce and implement training programs to meet specific department/resort needs.
- Establish a training library of books, videos, journals and resources to assist trainer and staff development.
- Prepare and administer the training calendar on a regular basis.
- Ensure all staff received on-going training in Starwood Corporate Training Programs.
- Facilitate management training programs.
- Source and obtain specialist assistance to conduct training when needed.
- Monitor all training activities conducted on and off site.
- Evaluate training effectiveness by conducting as many training sessions as possible.
- Liaise with educational institutions conducting hospitality training courses.
- Maintain an up to date record of suppliers of training resources.
- Administer the training budget and purchase training materials as required.
- Assist in the selection and appointment of new associates within the training department.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Fully responsible to drive associates recognition program, selection & awards (Starwood Cares).
- Fully responsible to drive Starwood Career Program.
- Implement opportunities for quality Team Building.
- Ensure that all associates comply with the grooming and uniform standards.
- Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the workplace.
- Comply with all Corporate and Hotel Standards and Procedures.
- Promote by example the principles of “The Power of Service”.
- Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and associates alike.
- Manage the administration of trainees and apprentices on the property
- Management skills
- Organisational & time management skills
- Keyboard/Computer skills
- Professionalism / Communication skills (written/verbal)
- Sound human resources skills
- Strong training skills
- Influencing and Rapport Building skills