Assistant Communication Manager
5 days left
- Job Level
ARE YOU HAPPY WITH OK?
It takes a special kind of person to work at Shangri-La:
Someone with an eye for details and the skills to perform;
Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Are you Shangri-La?
What are our expectations from you?
- Drafts hotel press releases
- Distributes newsworthy hotel press releases to local media onward media distribution via Shangri-La’s global PR network.
- Organizes the logistics for visiting press groups. Develops customised and interesting trip itinerary based upon media interests and needs.
- Ensures press kits are readily available and up-to-date and posted to the Hotel Press Room.
- Assists the Director of Communications in implementing activities pertaining to public relations.
- Manages Hotel’s social media and develops a content strategy to raise awareness of the brand and the hotel and to increase fan engagement level.
- Fully utilises social media channels and digital PR tools to expand PR and marketing communications’ reach and to secure coverage.
- Develops story angles and creates creative content for day-to day postings on social media channels.
- Utilises social media analytics to identify trends, competitor benchmarks and story angles.
- Creates articles, newsletters and other promotions and marketing paraphernalia for the hotel.
- Manages the monthly e-Newsletter
- Database management
- Assists during hotel photo and video shoots
- Manages budgets and expenses
- Produces monthly and quarterly activities reports
- Oversee the printing of hotel collateral for F&B, Rooms and any other division as needed
What talents profile are we targeting?
- Undergraduate college degree with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position in public relations or related field
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written)
- Strong Administration skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Has experience managing expenses and budgets
- Understanding of media (traditional, online and social)
- Has high attention to details
- Pro-active and has the passion to do the job
- Experience in hospitality or luxury market is highly desirable
- Graphic design and photography experience is preferred