Assistant Outlet Manager - Lobby Lounge - Jumeirah Al Naseem - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Set on a private beach, Madinat Jumeirah Resort is an authentic recreation of ancient Arabia, capturing the natural beauty of the region. Madinat Jumeirah features two grand boutique hotels, Al Qasr and Mina A' Salam, accommodation in 29 traditional summer houses in Dar Al Masyaf, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region's only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3km of waterways and landscaped gardens.
The resort also provides extensive leisure and health facilities including Talise Spa and Talise Fitness, as well as Souk Madinat Jumeirah, a traditional retail and dining experience showcasing the best of Arabia.
Jumeirah Al Naseem will have 430 luxurious rooms and suites, complete with walk-in rain showers, floor-to-ceiling windows and private outdoor terraces. The hotel is set among lush, landscaped gardens and offers three large swimming pools, as well as private beach access. Two banqueting rooms, each measuring 75 square metres, will complement the existing conference and events facilities at Madinat Jumeirah.About the Role
An exciting position has arisen for an Assistant Outlet Manager for our Lobby Lounge at Jumeirah Al Naseem. The main purpose of this role is to assist the Outlet Manager to manage all aspects of the Outlet within the F&B department including the selection, development and performance management of colleagues, optimising profits and increasing sales.
Your main duties will include:
- Closely monitors the cashiering function of the outlet to ensure compliance with JI Cashiering Procedures and support spot audits.
- Maintains & actively uses Epicure to capture customer details/ history and other strategies that assist in guest recognition.
- Actively implements strategies to increase the market share
- Conducts performance evaluation of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counselling of colleagues.
- Ensures that SOP's are consistently reviewed, changed and communicated.
- Ensures that all training and attendance records are accurate.
- Assists Outlet Manager in menu planning and menu rotation.
- Resolves and issues in the daily operation of the outlet and collaborating with the Outlet Manager to prevent repetition of issues.
- Conducts regular briefings and meetings to ensure all colleagues receive the information and training necessary to perform their jobs, incl. upselling, menus & F&B and hotel knowledge, in absence of the outlet manager
- Ensures compliance with systems/ measures given by the Outlet Manager to control F&B costs within budget guidelines, minimize wastage, ensuring productivity and efficiency.
- Ensures opening & closing checklists are completed on a daily basis
- Analyzes results of Mystery Shoppers, LQA, CSI, HACCP and other feedback channels, and takes actions to resolve any non-conformances within required timeframes.
- Monitors effectiveness of workflow & Sequence of Service during service periods and provides hands-on support as and when required.
- Ensures that all furniture, equipment, utensils and silverware used in the outlet is accounted for, properly handled and serviced, and maintained to prevent excessive wear and tear.
Your pre-opening tasks include:
- Ensure all outlet Colleagues attend MJ Trainings and Departmental training prior to opening
- Facilitate departmental trainings to ensure all colleagues are prepared for the opening day
- Works within the allocated pre-opening budget for the outlet
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and procedures.
- Conduct team building as needed before opening to ensure colleagues are motivated.
In order to be considered for the role, you will have gained a diploma or degree in hotel management and have at least 2 years Food and Beverage experience in a similar position needed in a premium establishment in a 5-star Hotel on a Management level as well as experience working in lobby lounge.
You will be a strong team player and be able to lead by example to ensure your high standards filter through your team. You will have proven experience of achieving and exceeding targets and be driven, with strong financial awareness as well as being open minded to new business approach.
You must be confident using the Microsoft Office suite. In addition to strong spoken business English, another European language would be an advantage.