Food & Beverage - Environmental Health and Safety Officer
Full job details
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Health and Safety professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and direct a team that remains in compliance with top quality food and beverage products through prompt, accurate and personalized service.
As an Environmental Health and Safety Officer you are responsible for the conformity with all corporate, federal and local sanitation, food safety, health and safety and environmental requirements where as your role involves the implementation of HACCP programs and will include key responsibilities such as:
• Conduct & regularly review risk assessment for all areas in the hotel, implement site specific control measures to minimize hazards
• Ensure that the EHS management system is established, implemented and maintained in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards requirements
• Provide the top management with the necessary reports on the EHS management system established within the property along with recommendations for improvement
• Monitor / identify relevant changes in EHS / HACCP local regulations and laws and update the internal procedures, policies and forms accordingly
• Drive improvement and track goals achievement through collection, analysis and communication of EHS goals and measurements
• Communicate hotel specific emergency management plans to address course of actions in case of an emergency
• Manage and control all documents (manuals, policies, procedures, logs) related to Environmental Health and Safety measures and HACCP and the corresponding reports
• Ensure that the employees are trained on the basic EHS awareness training identified for their departmental operations.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You must be a college / university degree graduate preferably in Health / Hygiene / Quality management with a minimum of one year experience in a similar role with preferable previous experience in the Middle East. You should be a computer literate with effective communication skills, both verbal and written in English & preferable additional in Arabic.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be customer driven and an extremely proactive and ‘switched on’ personality with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results