Competitive Salary & Benefits
Full job details
Emaar Hospitality Group LLC, the wholly owned subsidiary of Dubai-based global property developer Emaar Properties PJSC, manages the company's growing roster of hospitality and leisure projects.
We are currently looking for Sous Chef with at least 5 years of experience and to join our dynamic Culinary Team in ARGC & DPEC (Arabian Ranches & Dubai Polo club)
Responsibilities and Authority
- The Sous Chef supervises the functions of his assigned kitchen employees, facilities and cost to ensure maximum food and beverage departmental profit is achieved
- Reports directly to the Executive Chef
- Controls and analyses, on an ongoing basis the following:
- Operation in line with the Emaar Operation Standard Manual
- Quality levels of receiving, storage, production and presentation of food
- Cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene
- Operating cost, payroll, food cost
- Guest satisfaction
- Employee Satisfaction
- Ensures optimum performance in all of the above areas as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Informs on a daily basis the Executive Chef of all relevant information in operational and personal matters, including information which do not require the Executive Chef’s action.
- To check function sheets and sees that all food items for banquet and special functions are prepared on time and meet quality and quantity standards.
- Ensures that the Club cost and policies and procedures are followed.
- Makes out time schedules and annual leaves in cooperation with the departmental chefs for the Executive Chef’s approval.
- Write recipe cards and prepares dished for photography.
- To keep up to date recipe files properly displayed and daily production lists up to date for the assigned kitchens.
- To train staff properly and on a regular basis as well as for the introduction of new employees.
- Ensures adequate supply of raw material by checking stock levels daily and preparing details for requisitions of supplies.
- Ensures proper taking of inventory for all food items in his assigned kitchens.
- To train staff on use and cleaning of all the machinery, equipment and utensils.
- To control costs by:
- Maintaining adequate inventory of food
- To be fully familiar with all local Food Hygiene and HACCP guidelines as per Dubai Municipality
- Operates with integrity and objectivity at all times
- Organised and demonstrates good planning skills
- Proactive to address and resolve issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- A Team player.
- First class people skills and the ability to communicate effectively across a multi-national, multi-cultural environment.