Front Office Night Manager
Full job details
The Night Manager is responsible for leading and managing all sections of the Hotel during the night in order to ensure the highest level of Security, standards of service in accordance with the policies, procedures and Kempinski Standards.
The Night Manager is responsible for the smooth running of the hotel operations during the night.
- Direct Hotel operations such as checking in, checking out and providing guest assistance whilst ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures, standards and satisfaction of guests’ needs.
- Train, develop and manage the performance of direct subordinates to ensure the efficient running of the hotel operations.
- Maximize hotel revenue by controlling room inventory, group blocking, packages, up selling, reinforcing the late charge policy to maximize REVPAR.
- Handle all customers’ complaints occurring during the night to ensure their satisfaction and proper documentation.
- Greet VIP guests upon their arrival and escorts them to their room. Establish good rapport and offer assistance for the duration of their stay.
- During sell out nights, deal with overbooking situations in the most professional and diplomatic matter in order to keep the degree of possible dissatisfaction of guests inconvenienced by the situation as low as possible.
- Patrol the hotel at least twice per shift to ensure that the hotel is clean, tidy, safe and that all is in proper order. Take corrective actions if necessary.
- Conduct inspections of front of the house and back of the house during shift, including Front Office, Housekeeping, Lobby, Security Control Room, Food and Beverage Outlets, Public Areas, Car Parking, VIP Rooms Arrival.
- Oversees events and functions during the night to ensure smooth operations.
- Staff Supervision of night staff: Contractors; Porters, Cleaners, Room Service.
- Keep abreast of all emergency procedures, hotel promotions, product knowledge, VIP arrivals, upcoming events and brief direct subordinates accordingly so that all team members are able to answer guest requests and questions.
- Triton System/Glitch report will record all guest complaints, relevant incidents and matters that need follow up the next day, to ensure consistency and guest satisfaction.
Competencies & Requirement:
- Team-oriented, Planning/organization skills, Flexibility and leadership.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the same role.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment. English and Arabic is a must, Additional language is beneficial