Assistant F&B Manager - (FB-S-B2-AFBM.6)
Full job details
Scope of Work:
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for the overall administration and operation of the Food & Beverage department in the absence of Food & Beverage Manager including the maximization of profits, establishment of quality standards, maintenance of high colleague performance and guest satisfaction.
1. To ensure consistency in quality of service provided in all restaurants and bars meets the minimum standards of the hotel.
2. Walks all F&B front and back of the house areas on daily basis.
3. To ensure consistency of quality, taste, presentation, temperature of beverage served in all restaurants and bars.
4. Interacts with guests in each of the outlets to solicit feedback.
5. Provide feedback and information to all F&B colleagues on current events.
6. Obtains maximum publicity to maintain a high profile for the F&B department.
7. To demonstrate the 12-SEB’s and ensure the whole of the F&B department continually follows the same.
8. Acts immediately on all guest complaints to ensure that corrections are made when possible.
9. Maintains an efficient program of scheduling to ensure a high standard of service with the use of minimum man-hours.
10. With the Outlet Manager ensures that the day-to-day operation of the outlets are in accordance with established policies and procedures.
11. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
12. Conducts performance evaluations regarding colleague probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
13. Regularly solicits feedback from supervisors on colleague performance as well as making personal observations.
14. With the Director of Food & Beverage/Food & Beverage Manager, establishes comprehensive training programmes for the department.
15. Assists in evaluating departmental training sessions.
16. Personally conducts training for F&B colleagues as required.
17. Assists in ensuring proper and adequate controls are in place specifically over purchase orders and requisitions.
18. Assists in monitoring monthly food and beverage inventory turnover.
19. Assists in preparing P&L analysis of all upcoming promotions.
20. Review and analyze monthly Profit and Loss statement with the Director of Food & Beverage/Food & Beverage Manager.
21. Reviews food and beverage cost analysis on a daily basis to ensure costs are in line with budgeted and forecasted figures.
22. Check and analyse daily covers, average check and sale. 23. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives, and ensures all Housekeeping colleagues follow the same.
24. Attends regularly all meetings and outlets briefings as required.
25. Conduct daily briefing which will include:
- Important hotel / division / section information
- Emphasised current priorities, new problems, services and product
- Daily guest feedback
- Banquet daily events of the day
26. In the absence of the Director of Food & Beverage/Food & Beverage Manager attends daily Department Head’s morning briefing and shares information on F&B activities.
27. Strictly adheres to the hotel’s Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
28. Ensures that the hotel FSMS Program is strictly implemented, including the cleanliness of all restaurants and bars, personal hygiene standards for all food handlers and monthly Hygiene Audits. (Please refer to HACCP Hygiene and Sanitation.)
29. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained of all colleagues within the F&B Department.
30. To ensure self and all F&B department colleagues actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
31. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Director of Food & Beverage/Food & Beverage Manager.
Competencies & Skills
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & friendly
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
F&B Marketing Strategies
Advanced spoken and written English
Restaurant Concept Design
UAE/GCC Market Knowledge
Additional Spoken Languages
Diploma/Certificate in Hospitality/F&B Management
Degree in Hospitality/F&B Management
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in the Same Position in 5 Star Hotels.
Or 3-Years Experience as an Outlet Manager in 5 Star Hotel
International Working Experience in the MENA Region
Travel None Date Needed By 30/9/2016 # of Hires Needed 1