Shift Engineer - Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb
Full job details
passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're
interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion
to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands
guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic
& committed team at the Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb.
We are currently searching for an Assistant Chief Engineer to
join our Engineering team. The role will be responsible to carry out
Responsible to Manage
the engineering/maintenance operations of the hotel to ensure safety and
comfort of hotel guests and team members
tasks will include but not limited to the following:
optimal operating efficiencies and take necessary corrective measures when variance
from standards are excessive through logs and utility data.
- Supports and
initiate programmes for the improvement procedures and the reduction of energy
and utility costs.
to the Chief Engineer, new policies and procedures for a more economical
operation and maintenance programme.
in the preparation of the annual POMEC Budget.
proposed capital expenditure authorization requests (CEA) forms pertaining to
POMEC, and makes appropriate recommendations.
engineering departmental meetings.
and maintains effective employee relations.
- Ensures the
smooth operation of equipment and machinery.
- Maintains an
equipment and machinery record system for the property.
in conducting fire prevention training programmes.
programmes for routine plant preventive maintenance and its implementation.
Hotel repair and maintenance order system is in accordance with IHC policy and
- Supports and
initiates programmes for the improvement in procedures on the Environment and
reduction of the Energy and utility cost to control global warming.
for ensuring that the supplied uniform is clean and in good repair. Unless it is an emergency ensure a clean and
tidy appearance before entering a Guest area and if necessary, change into a
- Some college or advanced vocational training plus four years of experience in general building maintenance and/or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specialized expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields.
- Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role in the Hotel industry.
- Professional certification and licence if required by law.