Assistant In Room Dining Manager
Competitive salary available
Full job details
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have traveled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
To produce an outstanding guest experience within the outlet concept by managing a service team. The Assistant In Room Dinning Manager provides a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with the outlet, hotel and Kempinski standards, driving sales and maximises profit. The Assistant Room Service Manager must grow into the position of Room Service Manager.
- Responsible to In Room Dinning Manager Responsible for Room Service Supervisor, Order Taker, Waiter / Waitress.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Assist in leading the Room Service efficiently in costs and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the assigned outlet follow the example.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Act as a Manager in duty in the absence of the Room Service Manager in the outlet.
- Understand thoroughly the concept of the outlet and assume training responsibilities as requested by Room Service Manager.
- Have an understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Conduct all outlet meetings in the absence of the Room Service Manager.
- Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Assist in communication within the outlet and to attend daily/weekly outlet meetings with the Culinary Team and fostering teamwork to constantly develop the Room Service for more success.
- Attend and contribute to necessary staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Assist in producing reports and analysis of the outlet and attend in the monthly performance meeting.
- Assist in leading the outlet efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Plan daily routine checklist and station division according to the work schedule.
- Assist the Room Service Manager to produce outlet-specific reports and analysis for the monthly performance meeting.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings.
- Attend all required trainings as described by the department.
- Attend daily pre-shift meetings to employees on preparation, guest profile, service and menu served.
- Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Room Service Manager.
- Coordinate the review of outlet’s operations manual updates annually as requested by the Room Service Manager.
- Support activities and cooperation with the suppliers.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as appointed by the Head of Department.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Handle guest enquiries and complaints in the outlet in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing a multi-tasking principle and check their performance periodically.
- Attend all daily/weekly Food & Beverage Meeting in the absence of the In Room Dinning Manager.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Minimum two (2) years in F&B management role, preferably with a 5* hotel chain
- Fluent English mandatory – additional language will be a plus
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
If you are being considered for this position, you will receive an invitation from us within 30 days