Guest Relations Officer (Female)
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Full job details
- To ensure that all guest comments both negative and positive are noted in the guest relations book including all information which may be important for the hotel. The guest relations logbook should be submitted daily to the public relations manager for review. The log book is then routed to the executive office, sales manager and hospitality manager for information.
- In case of negative guest comments, the department head concerned should be contacted immediately. The comments should be indicated in the log book together with any action taken, by whom and when.
- If a guest cannot be contacted, a note of explanation outlining the action taken, should be left in the guest mailbox.
- If a problem cannot be rectified the guest relations officers should contact the public relations manager or duty manager.
- In case of theft, accidents, lost and found involving guests, the duty manager should be contacted.
- The guest relations officer should advise the sales manager or public relations manager of any guests they feel should be contacted, eg travel agents, journalists, new accounts.
- The guest relations officer should check the VIP list, arrival list, in-house departures of the day and follow up any special requirements for the arrival of the guest such as airport transfers, and ensure that the correct amenities are placed in the room as per the guest amenities programme.
- All VIP rooms are to be checked prior to the arrival of the guests, ensuring that the rooms are in excellent condition and all amenities, are in the room according to the guest amenities programme.
- Amenities like flowers and fruits may be sent upon the recommendation of the guest relations officer, to appease a guest who has a complaint. However, a complimentary order should be completed by the guest relations officer for signature by the general manager of his designate.
- The guest relations officer is responsible that the guest birthday programme is carried out efficiently by making sure that all records are up to date and that birthday cards are sent in due time.
- The guest relations officer should contact a minimum of 5 in-house guest per day and conduct a guest survey as per the programme stipulated in policy.
- The guest relations officer should check the daily function list and make sure that the function board in the lobby reads the same.
- The guest relations officer shall accumulate all the general information such as bank hours, museum hours etc which should be presented in a guest relations information directory which should be kept up to date at all times.
- The guest relations officer shall accompany VIP guest to their rooms when other duty permit.
- When requested by a guest to reconfirm airline tickets, the guest relations officer must assist and call upon the airline, all other requirements onward flight bookings should be referred to the travel agency.
- Press clippings regarding all hotel activities are to be collected and circulated to all concerned.
- The guest relations officer will attend all guest related functions and assist the public relations manager in organizing long stay guest parties.
- A guest relations officer should be located in the main lobby and is expected to be properly dressed and well groomed at all times commensurate with front line duties.
- Carries out all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by immediate supervisors.
Yassat Gloria Hotel & Hotel Apartments shall provide an equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and career progress when it comes to gender, nationality, religion, ethnicity, disability and shall not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment of any kind.