Night Manager - Arabic speaker
5 days left
- Job Level
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Night Manager is responsible for supervising the lobby and all sections of the Front Office Department during the night shift in order to ensure the highest standards of service in accordance with the hotel and department operating procedures. Also responsible for the smooth running of the whole hotel operations during the night shift.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Represent the Front Office and hotel in the absence of Senior Management.
- Support the Night Audit and run all night procedures and print all necessary reports.
- Performs night audit duty when required.
- Maintains smooth hotel operations by attending to guest complaints, request and inquiries.
- Makes the necessary rounds of the entire hotel property and inspect as outlined in the duty managers checklist and submit reports as required.
- To frequently review the arrival list thus ensuring that all VIPs and special room request are blocked and to escort VIP guests to their rooms
- Promote in house sales by having thorough knowledge of the hotel facilities and daily hotel activities.
- Inform the housekeeper, room service, etc. of special requests, early and late departures, room changes, taxis, newspaper requests and all other important information.
- To be fully conversant of the reservation system of the hotel; assist and takes room reservations in the absence of the reservation staff.
- Check the registration forms and correct transfer of the data in the system.
- Coordinates with Front Office Cashier in handling guest problems upon check-out.
- Checks billing instructions and monitors guest credit. Analyses and approves discounts and rebates.
- Performs front desk duties when business demands.
- Take over from the previous shift and pass on all relevant information to the next shift, including the volume of business, special guests/events, and items to be clarified/completed.
JOINT MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
- To attend any training required and being able to get the maximum usage out of all such training.
- To ensure that team members are neat, wearing the correct attire and ready to perform their duties to the fullest at all times.
- Have good relationship with all other colleagues.
- Manage and delegate duties to staff within the department.
- Be concerned with discipline and staff performance within the department.
- Take an active interest in the welfare, safety and development of staff.
- Plan, implement and monitor departmental staff training.
- Keep senior management informed of the latest ideas affecting the operation of the department.
- To have and maintain effective communication with other Heads of department, Line Managers.
- Ensure full knowledge, compliance and implementation of the following:
- (a) Fire precautions, regulations and evacuation procedures
- (b) Security, emergency procedures, Health and Safety regulations
- (c) Hotel and Department staff rules and guidelines
- Coordinates with Security in the investigations of irregularities and suspicious guests.
- To assist in compiling incident reports according to the company policies.
- Is responsible for maintaining quietness, order and safety and security in the hotel.
- Carry out regular rounds and check all areas of the hotel, all the night Team Members and companies (quality and presence).
- Must speak Arabic
- Knowledge of Opera and Microsoft Office
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be strong team player with proven leadership, development and delegating skills
- Highest Guest service skills, talent and knowledge with the vision and ability to lead employees to excellence
- Diploma in Hotel management an asset
- Previous International experience essential
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift